The fight

A/n:
I'm so sorry for not updating in like months I had a huge writer's block and had no idea what to write but I'm back! if anyone has any requests let me know x

Beth's Pov:
I felt so drained physically and mentally weak. We had just lost 3-1 to Chelsea, nothing clicked in that game at all. My heart was drained beyond belief and my ribs were so sore after I had a collision with the medics on the staff bench during the second half. I felt tears welling in my eyes however I quickly blink them away during the lap of appreciation towards the fans. I turned my head to look for Viv all I see is her looking away from me. Was she mad at me?

I make my way on the bus to find Steph sitting on the window seat with Viv and Lotte in front with their head phones in. Steph looks at me in concern as I quickly put my headphones in to silence my racing head. "You okay?" I hear the Aussie ask I nod in reply, not feeling in the mood to talk which as Viv would say - strange. Speaking of Viv I can't manage to get a word out of her the whole bus ride home.

I unlock the car door as we both make our way to our car parked in the parking lot at London colney. "You ready to go?" I ask sadness evident in my voice, "yeah", Viv replies. Her tone of voice was different to mine, it was cold almost angry. "Viv what's the matter with you" I say getting annoyed myself with her bitterness and lack of comfort after the loss. It had clearly affected my girlfriend yet their was no need to silently take it out on me. "I'm fine Beth." Her voice as cold as before she turns her head to look out the window to view the London night light. I roll my eyes tutting and focus on getting back home as quick as possible to hopefully end the tension between us.

The tension didn't end, I hated the coldness in the air, I hated feeling so unloved by the person I love the most in the whole world. "Do you want a tea Viv?" I question aggressively opening the cupboard of mugs. "I'll do it myself thanks". Viv hissed, I couldn't believe how she was acting, I had to force myself with every bone on my body not to scream our break down into a river tears. I closed well slammed the cupboard door and ran my hand through my hair closing my eyes shut trying desperately to focus on my breathing. What had I done? I made deep eye contact with Viv. "No you don't get to kill me with your silent treatment, I have let your attitude go for most of tonight but I have had enough of you, I get you're upset but you weren't even playing, so you don't have the right to act like this do you understand?" I didn't mean for my voice to raise like this, I didn't mean pick an argument with my girlfriend, I didn't mean for any of this to happen.

"How dare you Beth, how dare you be so inconsiderate about my injury, you're meant to care about my feelings, you know how much an injury affects my mental health and of course I am going to be annoyed that we lost" She takes a deep breath, her eyes don't leave mine. "But it's the way we lost, it was like you didn't want to be there Beth, I lost count of how many of your passes were intercepted and don't even get me started on your corners!" My heart sunk is this what she thought of me? Was i really this bad at football?

"What the hell Viv? First of all you say I don't care about your feelings yet who is always the first person to see if you're okay? I am. I'm always looking out for you. It's quite funny actually how you say I don't care about your emotions yet you've spent all evening tossing and playing with my feelings like I'm a doll! I have had enough. I understand entirely how you feel about your knee so don't throw those accusations at me! You don't get to talk to me about my performance like that. I appreciate constructive criticism but that was almost blatant bullying" I could feel my voice breaking, my vision had gone blurry with tears prickling. I could no longer hold eye contact with Vivianne - not tonight. "Look at me Beth" Viv states anger ever so present in her words. I shake my head, tears now streaming down my face. "Beth please" Viv practically pleads. "No I don't want to," I mumble picking up the car keys that were left on our kitchen island. "Fine I don't care I won't apologise, I really thought you would understand why I'm angry but turns out your just like everyone else" Viv tuts before looking up as I begin to put on my puffer coat. "Where are you going, Beth tell me it's dark" My girlfriend questions sounding almost concerned as I open the front door and start to step out. "I need to get some air is that alright or are you gonna get mad at me again" I hiss slamming the door startling our sleeping puppy. "Fine go I don't care!" Viv shouts before the door closed.

I stay sitting in my car crying my eyes out. Viv's words run round my head like a carousel. "Your just like everyone else." I try to calm my breathing to sensible speed before starting the car, I begin to drive. I don't where to I just need to escape my running mind just for a bit. I wished everything would stop right then and there.

Viv's pov:
Beth and I never fight, I think I can count all of our big fights on one hand. Each time leaves me with guilt, but this time it hit different, Beth had never left the house bawling her eyes out after a fight. I too had started crying as I sat on the sofa with Myle falling asleep on my lap. Beth had correctly stated in an interview that Myle often calmed me down if I was ever upset or finding my self about to have a panic attack. Tonight was a prime example of this although I didn't feel an attack about to arrive I just felt guilty yet annoyed at both mine and Beth's actions tonight.

I turned on my phone to see Beth had already been gone for half an hour. "Come on liefje, come home" I whispered as a few more tears left my eyes. As anxiety hit waved through my body I made the decision to text my girlfriend I was almost very she wouldn't respond but I was a good to let her know I cared. Right?

To Beth❤️:
Hey lieverd are you coming back soon it's getting late, I'm really sorry x

Ten minutes had past when I heard the door click open, I gaze up at my girlfriend who's eyes where  red and puffy and her hair was a mess it was obvious she had spent most of her time cryin. I sat up carefully as to avoid hurting my already injured knee. Cautiously, I wrap my arms around her body when I feel my shirt become damp with tears. I hated the fact that I was the cause of her emotion. "Shh it's ok lieverd I'm not mad anymore I promise", I whisper gently hoping to reassure her, "I-I'm sorry Viv, I'm really really sorry" Beth continued to cry however the tears had began to slow down. "It's okay love, I'm so sorry that I caused you to feel like this" I give Beth a squeeze, which only seems to make things worse when she winces in pain. "Everything okay?" I ask letting go of my girlfriend yet continuing to hold her hand. "M-my ribs" she stammers her breathing still bumpy, " from earlier?" I question, Beth simply nods. I lead her to the bathroom and take of her coat before carefully lifting off her shirt. I begin to rub deep heat on her ribs, she winces a few more times before speaking "Viv?" I reply with a small "yes". "Can you never shout at me like that again, please" her eyes looking up at me I let a smile form on my face. "Never again lieverd I promise" I kiss her head as she smiles her big cheesy grin. God I missed this. "Thank you lieverd" Beth whispered a smile not leaving her face. I hope I never loose her smile.