Chapter 20| Married - End

She wore a beautiful red lehenga, the blouse was a little short so it was pinned by a dupatta

She wore a beautiful red lehenga, the blouse was a little short so it was pinned by a dupatta. The parlour ladies worked hard to make the woman look beautiful, today was the night of their nikkah. She was happy, emotional but satisfied. Maryam had no doubts in her mind, she knew Aahil was the man she wanted to marry. Two years passed, they contacted via letters, but never lost touch and the sparks seemed to bring them together.

As soon as Maryam completed her honours, she returned to India. Mirzapur, the village was small, but it had her heart. Every year Aahil conducted the village festival on his own and sent her pictures.

Maryam was excited to meet him, she had done a lot of changes to her appearance. She wanted to look good in her nikkah, she wanted Aahil to be mesmerized by her.

So she made a condition, they can't see each other until the nikkah.

Her ghunghat was set, the nath made her oval face look chiseled and the jhumka hid her forehead. A line of kohl made her hazel eyes pop, she set the ghunghat and took her mother's hand. They were made to sit beside each other as the nikkah proceeded. They repeated the two words and finally the nikkah was finalised.

Aahil wanted to look at her, he was brought to her, the woman's giggled and as he lifted the veil his head hiding behind th veil he saw her beautiful face. Like a moon, in the dark night he quickly pressed a kiss on her forehead and lifted the veil letting it wall as the dupatta remained.

She looked like a princess, a queen, someone who could steal hearts. He was unable to look away, it's been years and now she was his wife. He wanted to hug her, he was made to search for his name in her mehendi and he found it in a second. But he was unable to leave her hand and Maryam couldn't help but giggle as he pretended to find it.

"Maryam", he whispered, she turned and raised her brows.

"I found my name, in your mehendi. Now it's your turn to find yours"

Maryam gasped she pulled up his sleeve and found her name written with a mehendi cone. It looked beautiful.

He stared at her as she smiled at him, gazing at him with smile.

"Aaj mai Bohot khush hu", she said her red lips curling up, he had the urge to kiss her. She was his wife, Aahil felt like he was on top of the world. This wonderful woman was his, all his dreams had become a reality.

She wasn't the woman he had wanted, but now it seemed as if he could live with no other. She had left him incapable of falling in love with another.

She was his wife.

Maryam Aahil Khan.

He loved how it sounded, he enjoyed the food and the wishes. The photographer and the guests kept them busy, and at the end they were so tired that even their lips were aching because of smiling too much.

They left the venue, and Maryam was brought in the room before him. She sat down on the bed that was decorated with flower petals and flowers all around.

She smiled as she picked one brought to her nose loving the subtle smell, she adjusted the ghunghat as she heard the door opening.

He walked in, and called her name.

"Maryam", he whispered it as if it was a love dose, and she smiled forwarding her hand. Her breath hitched as he pulled her wrist to his mouth and pressed a kiss on it.

His eyes looked at her, beautiful red lehenga and her soft hands that were adorned with heavy jewelaries.

"Before I pull up the veil, Maryam I want to tell you something. For the past two years it was difficult to keep my word. I wanted to back out, and call you back. Maryam you have drove me crazy, you spell of love has left me incapable of being anything. Today you are Maryam Aahil Khan, my wife and I promise to be your love till death"

She hugged him and he pulled up the veil, seeing her teary eyes.

She smiled, her smile leaving him spellbound.

"Khuda ne tumhe badi fursat se banaya hoga"

"Shayad, aapke liye jo banana tha", she teased as he nodded, he held her hand and showed her room and as they entered the closet the tension was high. The two stuck like a glue their lips touching, nibbling and soon sucking, fighting for dominance.

"So beautiful", he whispered as he picked her up not breaking eye contact as he set her on the bed as if she was a fragile glass. He entwined their fingers and her head was placed on the pillow as he hovered above her kissing her cheek, then her lips. Her face getting showered by kisses.

" So beautiful", he said as she wrapped her hands around his neck and whispered again, "And all mine".

His moustache tickled her skin as he kissed her neck, she moaned and they lost each other in the bliss of the loving wedding night. Rolling in the sheets filled with red petals and marking each other by their love.

The End