CHAPTER 22

~A possibility~

*JUNGKOOK*

“Good day sir.” Angel greeted with a warm smile on her face. And as usual her boss didn’t return the smile back to her but rather frowned at her, rasing a questioning brow at her. “You have a guest.” She said, answering his unasked question

“Who?” He questioned, looking down at the document in front of him.

“Mr Lim.”

“What is he doing here?” He asked looking up at her now.

She shrugged. “I don’t know sir but he said he wants to see you for something very important.”

He nodded letting out a sigh. “Let him in then.”

****

Mr Lim have been working together with them even when his father was still very much alive. He doesn’t know much about the man in person but there is something strange about the man that got him wondering about his intentions towards his (Jungkook) company.

It would be very good if he go about suspecting people of his father’s death but this man… there’s just something strange about him.

When they had met for the meeting the other time, he asked after his mother which was quite suspicious.

What was his business with her?

It’s not bad to ask after your late business partner’s wife but the way he said it was what seem to amuse Jungkook.

What was he even doing here? Why was he here?

Jungkook can’t remember asking him for a meeting. He has been very busy investigating about that document that went missing right in his Café. He has a lot going on in his mind to even think about Mr Lim talk more of a meeting.

The door to his office opened, Mr Lim walked in and shut the door close before walking closer to Jungkook’s desk.

He smiled at him, receiving a scowl in return.

“Jungkook.” He said.

“What are you doing here?” Jungkook asked coldly instead of offering him a seat like every normal person will.

“Is that the best way to treat a guest?” Mr Lim teased, grinning.

Jungkook rolled his eyes looking annoyed already. “Seat.” He offered nonchalantly.

“Thank you.” Mr Lim drew out a chair and sat down. “How are you doing?”

“I guess that’s not the reason why you came here, Mr Lim.” Jungkook stated ignoring Mr Lim question.

Mr Lim laughed as if Jungkook just said a joke. “You are quite funny, my son.”

“I never said a joke, Mr Lim.”

“I love your arrogance. Just like your father.”

“What do you want?” Jungkook asked again, glaring at Mr Lim.

“Well…I heard about the investigation,” He began. “I will like to assist you.”

“Excuse me?”

“Listen Jungkook, you can’t do this all by yourself, you_”

“Why?”

“What?”

“Why do you want to help me out in the investigation?”

He smiled, shrugging his shoulders. “It’s my friend we are talking about here, Jungkook.”