Chapter 1

Ei's pov
"Ugh that's not fair!" I screamed as I banged my fist on the desk. "I was lagging!" I whined.

Me and my best friend Yae Miko were on playing blade ball on Roblox and I kept dying. Miko chuckled on the other side and I frowned.

"This isn't funny Miko, I'm being serious." I'm groan.

"But it's so funny to watch you die, and plus I think it's cute when you rage." Miko casually responds.

She's always flirting with and I honestly can't tell if shes doing because we're friends or if she has a crush on me. But I shrug it off, it's probably just a friend thing.

Me and Miko were in the standoff's and it wa just the two of us. My palms began to sweat and I always treat this as if my life depends on it.

Suddenly the ball comes flying at me so I use my ability to freeze the ball. It stops right it front of my characters face and I hit it.

I send the ball speeding quickly towards Miko's avatar and I smirk, thinking I have finally beat her. But she deflects the ball and it hits me.

"Ha ha, I won again!" Miko cheers.

"Your an absolute fucking bitch!" I shout on the verge of ripping my hair out.

Miko just giggles and that pissed me off.

"Let's try again, I was lagging so it wasn't fair."

"You always say that so stop with the excuses." Miko says. I can feel her dissatisfaction through her voice.

"Just admit it, you suck ass at blade ball." I can feel her smirking from the other side of the screen.

"Shut up! You just get lucky!" I huff annoyed.

Behind me I hear my bedroom door slam open.

"Ei can you shut the fuck up! Your so damn loud and it's bothering me!" My younger brother Scaramouche shouts.

"Well geez I'm sorry." I'm not actually sorry tho. "If I'm being to loud just put your headphones in or leave the house. You can go hangout with your boyfriend Kazuha." I roll my eyes.

Scaramouche blushes furiously and he stomps his foot. "He's not my boyfriend!" He huffs. " he's just my best friend." He replies.

"Whatever just leave my room." I turn to face the screen and just as I do so the ball comes to me and I die before I could even process what the hell happened.

"This is all your fault!" I shout. Im very pissed and I take video games very seriously.

"What did I even do!? I was gonna leave anyway!" He crosses his arms and glares at me.

"I died and it's all your fault! You distracted me!" I holler at him buts he's already left and of course, he left the door open.

"You two are really something." Miko comments.

I shut the door and sigh. "Miko I wanna go over to your house, is that ok?" I ask, it's been a few months since we've gone over to each other's houses.

"Sure why not, it's been quite some time hasn't it."

I smile and nod for some stupid reason cuz she can't even see my face. I shut my computer off and I make sure to take my headphones off very carefully.

Last time I wasn't careful and I somehow accidentally broke them. But I don't think its my fault, the headphones where just to weak and portly built.

"I'm be over in a few." I say to Yae as I change out of my comfy pj's.

"Alright I'll see ya soon pookie!" She hangs up and I sit on the edge of my bed surprised. She's never called me pookie before but it felt so good.

I felt a blush coming on and I pinch my cheeks. I finish getting ready and I look at myself in the mirror. Ieven though I'm only going over to hang out with Miko, I feel the need to dress very fashionable.

I brush my slightly messy hair and I braid it very elegantly as I normally do. Then I put on a kinda short black skirt with some tights. I pull on a white crop top and I put on my converse.

I smile at myself in the mirror as I apply some foundation and blush to my face. I spread some extra glossy lipgloss to my lips and I spray a bit of perfume. I make sure it's Miko's favorite which is velvet petals.

When I exit my room, I see Scaramouche sitting on the couch. He's snacking on some chips and watching some boring ass movie.

"Hey scara, why don't you get your lazy ass off the couch and do something actually useful like cleaning the house for once."

He rolls his eyes at me and throws at chip at me.
"Where are you going dressed up so fancy for?"

"First of all, that's none of your damn business, and secondly, don't throw chips at me because you'll ruin my outfit." I snap.

He sticks the middle finger up at me and goes back to eating his chips. Without wanting to waste anymore time and energy, I head out the door and make my way over to Miko's house.

__________________________________

I have arrived at Yae's house and I knock on the door. I stand patiently waiting for her to come open the door, but she doesn't. "How strange" I think to myself.

I knock again. Maybe she just didn't hear me the first time. I wait for a good minute before I grab the door handle. I twist it and the door clicks open.

"What the hell, she never leaves her door unlocked." I whisper to myself. My eyes widen, what if something terrible has happened to her?!

Without a second thought I run inside the house and up to her room, completely forgetting to shut the door.

"Miko is everything alright?!" I yell as I open the door. I expected to see something bad, like maybe someone had broken in and killed her, maybe she was kidnapped or taken hostage.

Instead, she was sitting on the edge of her bed crying. I walk to her slowly and sit down next to her. I grab her hand, squeezing it gently.

"Sh-she-she-she's gone." Miko whispers.

"What, can you please speak up?"

"She's gone." She whispers a little louder.

"Who is." I ask frantically, worry begins to fill me.

"Kuki Shinobu."

Hi guys tysm for reading! This is my first ever story so I apologize if it's shitty. Also I have no hate against Kuki and I fucking love her sm I just wanted this for the story. Also just to let you know I might not post often because I am very busy and also very lazy. But I promise to try and update as much as possible!