Chapter 2

Ei's pov

My heart sank.

"What do you mean gone?!" I feel tears forming. "What the hell happened to Kuki?!" I cry out.

Miko doesn't respond, she just stares down at her lap.

"Please answer me! I need to know." My voice quivers. It's been a while since I've been this upset.

"A couple minutes before you got here..." Miko swallows and she's shaking. "Itto texted me saying he couldn't find Kuki anywhere. No one knows where she is. I fear something horrible has happened to her."

What if she's dead? Or kidnapped? My head is reeling and I feel sick. Miko is sobbing now, seeing her so hurt is crushing me.

"How about we go and search for her." I speak up after an awkward moment of us just crying. "I'm sure she's fine, she's a strong women."

Miko nods and she reaches for my hand. I instantly take her hand as we step out of the house.

"Here." I say, holding out my hand with a tissue in it. "Your mascara is ruined and it's all over your pretty face."

She smiles before wiping off all her runny mascara. "Thanks." She's whispers.

In response I give her hand another soft squeeze. "I'll always be by your side no matter what." I whisper to her. To be honest, I don't know why we're whispering.

We begin to start walking in search of Kuki. I understand how much pain she must be in because Miko, Kuki, and I have been friends ever since elementary school.

We always hung out and I would hate to loose Kuki so soon. Me and Miko walked through the town calling her name. We also asked around if anyone has seen her but no one has.

The sun began to set as me and Miko headed towards the forest at the edge of the town. Apparently, someone died here once and their spirit haunts this forest.

People say its bad luck to come here and anyone who steps foot in their will die. But I never believed in that, it was probably just a rumor to scare everyone.

"Shit, the forest it really dark, do you have your phone with?" Miko asks looking up at me, still with that same anxiousness in her eyes.

"Yeah, I do, are you ready to go in now?" She nods in response.

The two of us walk through the dark woods. So far, everything seemed alright although I had this weird sensation in my guts.

"This place is fucking creepy." Yae whispers. "Not to mention it's getting rather chilly don't ya think."

"Now that you mention it, it is pretty cold." I respond shivering.

I could feel it was getting late and we would have to go soon. Miko was getting more anxious the deeper we went into the forest and she's was getting more fidgety.

"Shit." I mutter to myself staring at my phone screen.

"What's the matter?" Miko looks worried and cold. She's shivering a lot harder than I am. Plus my crop top has long sleeves and her shirt has short sleeves.

To try to keep Miko warm I hug her tightly. "My phone is at 3%." I whisper into her ear. "I don't know if we can make it back before my phone dies."

"Well we have no signs of Kuki and it's pretty dark and cold out so we should get going before we get lost." Miko mumbles.

Miko and I start heading back. I worry we will get lost as my phone is now at 2%. Please, Just hold on a little bit longer. I say to phone.

Miko sneezes and sniffles.