𝙸𝙸

s e p t e m b e r 1 7 t h

☆ HYUNGWON ☆

"So you're telling me that the chances of me dying here are higher than 60%?!"

Hyungwon stares in bewilderment at two of his roommates, Beomgyu and Wooyoung.

"Relax, that's only if you're one of the weaker ones - y'know, like danger level around 3-4/10. And didn't you say you were the most powerful of your kind?"

"That's what my parents told me, so yes. But nevertheless, who even goes around killing students?"

"A lot more than you'd think," Wooyoung says, taking his hand off of the bedpost. "Werewolves, like me, who lose control and go rabid; gargoyles, if you catch them on the wrong night; vampires if they get particularly hungry, which is why you should stay away from them in general - and of course, the creatures that lurk in the deeper parts of the forest surrounding the school." Wooyoung shudders. "We can only go inside to an extent before it gets bad. I honestly wish I could shape-shift."

"Why? Can't you turn into a werewolf?"

"Yeah, but it doesn't work on command, not yet. But nightingales are the only creatures that no animal will hurt - other than it's predators. Everything just stays out of its way."

"Do either of you know where our fourth roommate is?" Beomgyu asks. "He was here for like, one second."

"Technically more, he just wore a black hoodie and didn't say anything. But no, I don't know where he is."

"Which one of you is Hyungwon?"

"What the hell, man?" Wooyoung says as the startled trio turns to face the doorway.

"Which one of you is Hyungwon?" the boy (who was dressed exactly like how Wooyoung just described) repeats, with more force.

"Me?" Hyungwon says, raising his hand weakly.

"And I'm Wooyoung, and this is Beomgyu, if that even matters to you. What kind of roommate are you? If we're going to spend this whole year together, we should at least know how the others look."

The boy looks down. "Sorry."

He removes his hood.

"Damn," Beomgyu breathes. "Dude, you're fine as f -"

"You're Lee Hoseok!" Wooyoung exclaims.

Hoseok winches. "I prefer Wonho, but yeah, I guess -"

"Why did you need to know who I am?" Hyungwon questions.

"Reasons. You're a witch, right?"

"Yeah? And why is that important?"

"And the two of you are the air nymph and werewolf?"

"Yeah," Beomgyu responds.

"Just making sure." Wonho shrugs and leaves the room.

Hyungwon's eyes trail after him as he recedes into the dark hallway.

"Well, that was surely interesting."

"Anyways," Wooyoung says, ripping his eyes away from the door. "Since we came here a few days earlier than you did, we made some friends. We booked a table at the school-owned restaurant, Mystique, so we can all meet. And don't worry, I'm sure they've found some new people as well." Wooyoung adds. His two roommates have already gotten the gist of how worrisome Hyungwon was.

Hyungwon nods. With a flick of his finger, he changes his sweatpants and hoodie into a nicer Balenciaga t-shirt (worth almost nothing in the magical world) and dark blue jeans. He also added a tint of blush.

"Me next!" Beomgyu says, jumping off of the bed.

Hyungwon laughs. "Sure, what would you like?"

So, after a good ten minutes of helping his new friends get changed, they were finally ready and quickly teleported to the last floor of the school. Here was where all the shops, restaurants (no bars), arcades, and party pool area were located.

Essentially the fun floor.

"Over here!" A boy with soft dark blue hair says, waving them over to a round booth.

Immediately, Hyungwon took account of everyone present.

There were two girls, both dressed fashionable in matching dresses, one with cat eyes and long hair, the other with a more mature face and a slight grin. Next to them was a boy with a cute outfit and an angelic face, with the smoothest skin Hyungwon has ever seen. The last one was a boy wearing a sleeveless Gucci tee that showed off his toned muscles, which contrasted his cute face, the opposite of the boy sitting next to him. Even more interesting was the fact that he currently had his nose deep into a book.

"Sunwoo." The boy who greeted them says, referring to Gucci Tee.

"Sunwoo." He repeats, more forcefully.

"SUNWOO!"

Sunwoo jerks away from his book, whose title Hyungwon could make out clearly now. She's Gone, it read.

"We're at dinner, dude. Put the book away."

Sunwoo turns red as he takes in the seven pairs of eyes staring at him.

"Sorry," he says, surprising Hyungwon with his oddly deep voice. He snaps his fingers, and the book disappears.

Another witch? Hyungwon thinks, then looks at Sunwoo more closely, and notices the two small wings floating behind him. Fayre. That makes more sense.

"Sit down," the blue-haired boy says, and we do. Hyungwon squeezes in next to Beomgyu, who awkwardly positions himself next to the two girls.

"Introductions first, since we all picked up a few more people, as you can tell. I'm Seongyoun."

"Wooyoung."

"Sunwoo, but you probably already got that."

"Hyunjin," the boy with the angelic face says, flashing everyone a dazzling smile.

"Ryujin," the girl who was sitting next to the cat-eyed half-angel (Hyungwon was definitely curious now - there were only around 12 half-angels in the world).

"Yeji," the half-angel says.

"Beomgyu."

"Hyungwon."

"We'll start from Hyungwon this time, let's take a guess at each other's species."

"Definite witch, am I right?" Sunwoo says, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Hyungwon says.

"I have no idea," Yeji says, peering at Beomgyu. "Nymph?"

"Yeah, air nymph. And you, you're quite easy. Miss half-angel."

"Caught me."

They continue around to everyone. After Yeji, we get Ryujin, who's a half-dragon, then Hyunjin, water elf; Sunwoo, a farye, and Seongyoun as another half-dragon.

The night continued, and it was the most fun Hyungwon had had in a long time. They drank (mocktails because Serpentine was strictly against serving alcohol), ate (French-Japanese food, a very interesting but delicious combo), and shared gossip and funny stories (how, because of the alcohol ban, people were trying to sneak in beer and wine and getting caught multiple times, mostly because they fell into one of the many on-campus pools).

When the three friends returned to the dorm, they were worn out and exhausted. Hyungwon quickly changed into his pajamas and fell fast asleep, right on top of his bed.