𝙸𝚅

o c t o b e r 1 3 t h

♰ WONHO ♰

Watching Hyungwon had become a daily occurrence for Wonho.

It isn't as creepy as you would presume, however.

Wonho took school seriously. It's an escape from his problems and an opportunity to learn and improve.

Since that was true, he spent most of his time in the library, studying, or just reading for fun.

Hyungwon just happened to be there, so Wonho took advantage of that to observe the boy.

Regardless of what others might think, Wonho was not after Hyungwon's blood. All he wanted was to get through this school year without having any problems.

"None of my news providers work!" Hyungwon was saying on a particularly stormy Friday. He had approached the librarian and was questioning her.

"I know you're worried, Mr. Chae, but at this point, there's nothing I can do. If anything, take it up with the headmistress, Kim Taeyeon."

Hyungwon sighs. "Alright. Thanks anyway." He goes back to his regular spot and slumps forward.

"Ow!" Wonho hears Hyungwon hiss under his breath. The boy lifts his head from his arms and examines his thumb, which has a trail of blood running down it.

Wonho can't breathe. His throat becomes constricted, his eyes laser-focused on Hyungwon's blood.

Imagine that beautiful blood running down your throat, the voice inside him says. The satisfaction, the smoothness. The power it could give you-

SHUT UP!

Wonho massages his forehead, squeezing his eyes closed. If Wonho attacks Hyungwon, he could kill him. There's no way he could stop after a drop.

Only because of my power level am I able to control myself. Other vampires wouldn't be able to. In an instance, they would be all over Hyungwon.

But... Wonho could stop them.

"FREEDOM!" Somi screams.

"Let's drink until we pass out!" Jungkook agrees.

"Relax! We're only ¼ through the school year." Ten says, looking up from painting his nails. "Plus, we're allowed to visit the town every other week, or during long weekends. You can drink all you want then."

Somi pouts. "I dumped Soohyung!"

"C'mon, that's definitely a reason to celebrate," Lisa pipes in.

Wonho just chuckles. "Whatever, let's just get there before it gets too crowded."

"And book rooms," Yeonjun winks.

Lisa rolls her eyes. "Mr. Yeonjun is ready to lose his v-card, I see."

Yeonjun crosses his arms. "For your information, I've already lost it. In any case, I like someone, so..." Before anyone can say anything, he adds, "And no, I will not tell you who."

"Guys, let's go. Do you not see Felix?"

Wonho points roughly fifty feet in front of them, where Felix was jumping up and down, shouting gibberish, ushering them to follow him.

Wonho's friend group, made up entirely of vampires (slightly counting Lisa, as she was half Nightmare as well), had decided to go out partying. It was the end of the first quarter, and they had finished their final day of exams.

Serpentine Academy finally allowed them to visit the nearby town of Minsoo over weekends. There they could party, eat, game, and go sightseeing. A perfect array of available activities.

Minsoo was famous for its beautiful sights, but also for its many clubs and bars.

"Two piña colada cocktails please," Ten says.

"Coming right up."

"Three beers," a girl comes up next to Ten, resting her elbow on the counter.

"Yeji!"

Yeji grins at the two guys. "Well well - I guess everyone's here. You wanna come join us?" She points backward at her table, where Wonho can make out Hyungwon and others.

"Nah, we're good," Ten says. "Thanks, though."

Yeji shrugs. "Your loss." She grabs the three beers the bartender hands her and skips off.

Even as Ten thanked the bartender, Wonho's eyes remained glued on Hyungwon.

Sometimes excellent vision was quite helpful.

Wonho's eyes skimmed Hyungwon's face, from the lip gloss he'd applied to his crop top, which was showing off his stomach.

This was indeed purposeful.

"Wonho?"

Does he not realize this just adds another reason for a vampire to come after him?

"Wonho, c'mon."

"Sorry." He rips his eyes away from the boy and follows Ten back to their seats.

"The night is young!" Lisa lifts her glass to a toast.

"The night is young," they all agree.