chapter 3

CHAY POV:-

I came here for study but me and Macau ended up watching a movie and playing video games, I had dinner with the minor family members as well, woah. Never expected them to be like this since I've heard alot of shit about them, coming from Jeff and Porsche.
"Are you sure you'll be fine all by your own?"
Macau asked as he looked at me with his eyes filled with concern. It was almost 10 and ofcourse I had to leave for my home. Time flew away so quickly. I remember I arrived here around 5 or something and it's 10 now.
"I'll be fine Mac, I'm not a kid after all"
I said as while I packed my stuff, putting my books and pens which were scattered on the large and thick mirrored table.
Macau always had been like a brother to me but the way he protects is even more worse. You'd say overprotective and I'd say Macau.
I'm happy to have a friend like him though, not my boyfriend, not my brother but atleast him.
"I'll send a driver with you, he'll drop you off, yes"
He said as he jump stood up from his seat as I hanged my bag on my shoulder and backed a bit away
"Take it easy there. I'll be fine, I'm sure and besides that, your so called drivers and other staff scares me"
I said in a calm tone
"Alright then, p'vegas can drop you off"
Wait what? I've been hearing about Vegas alot since I came here, Destiny? Oh lord no. But as I thought, he was interesting so.
Was it a good new? Should I agree so I could have a car ride with him and as well as can be saved from getting killed in the middle of the way while passing by the alleys?
Bad news? It was freaking Vegas. He was the least person, I expected Macau to suggested to drops me off home. He wasn't a 'i will be nice and drop off my best friend's brother'
He was more of like a 'speak to me wrong and I'll fucking kill you right at the spot' kind of guy.
He'd do it while looking so calm and handsome that you won't even notice your surroundings burning into ashes until you fall on your knees at his feet.
"I'll manage, don't disturb p'"
"He won't be bothered, I'm sure"
Macau said as he proceeded to yell out his lungs, calling for Vegas, this guy is so loud.
Seconds of yelling and Vegas came stood out of his room, he walked downstairs while wearing a black silk shirt and a black slack.
"Sweetheart, is there any legal reason behind your screams?"
He said as he stepped closer in our direction
"Phi, can you drop chay off at his apartment?"
Vegas looked at me and I got nervous and my gaze immediately shifted away
I felt Vega's gaze moving from the top of my figure to the bottom
"I think yes, I can"
I shook my head up as I looked at him while his face was calm.
I sighed as I just accepted wherever was happening.
I mean, Vegas couldn't do any harm to me, right? RIGHT?
After 15 minutes of Macau assuring me and telling me to take care of myself, he finally let me go off of his tight embrace and walked me outside, just as I stepped out of the minor family mansion.
I saw a black Rolls Royce in rest position, not so far away from me, as Vegas got tired from mine and macau's drama, he went sat in the car.
I swiped the tip of my lip over my already lip balmed lips as I waved a goodbye to Macau and walked to the car,
"Get in"
Vegas said as the passenger seat's window rolled down.
His voice was clear and calm. Not a single sign of coldness.
I opened the door and got in as I shut close the door and places my bag on my lap as I say still, waiting for Vegas to drive.
"Well? Put your seat belt on"
I never did liked having seat belt on. I always thought it was just for kids.
"Phi, that's just for kids-"
I couldn't complete my sentence as Vegas leaned closer, his face just a few inch away from me as I felt my breath Hitching at the sight of him and I got a clear look of his face features. He was handsome. It's just I never noticed before. his hand reached the seat belt and he looked at me before he buckled the seat belt.
"Safety comes first, I don't care about what you think of it"
He said as he leaned back onto his seat, while I was stunned shocked at what I just witnessed.
Vegas. The man he is.
"Shall we go now?"
"Huh-?! Oh-! Y-yes!"
Fuck. Why did I stutter?
His fingers curled around the steering wheel as he started driving, in an average speed.
5 minutes went silent. No music. No talks. Just us. Sitting silently. The silence was too loud that even our breathes could be visibly heard. But it wasn't an awkward silence.
"Thank you for picking me up, phi"
I said as I tried to break off the ice cold silence.
"That's alright, anything for my nong"
He said with a smirkish smile on his face, just like he always smile and his gaze focused on the road as he took turns of the twisted roads leading us back to my apartment.
Just as soon as we reached out street, two steps away from my apartment, the car stopped and I unbuckled my seat belt and looked at Vegas
"Thank you for the ride, again"
"Your welcome, chay, you should visit Mac often, he's happy with your presence"
Chay? He called Me by my nickname? How does he knows it? I shrugged off my thoughts before passing him a  smile and for some reasons I damn well knew that, this smile was real. No sarcasm.
"I will,phi"
he nodded with a small smile on his face before he softly ruffled my hairs with his long slim fingers
"Take care na"
That made me blush. My cheeks turned into a soft pastel of pink as my lips curved into a smile and I nodded while I took my stuff and got out of the car, I waved at Vegas before entering the building, he waved back at me and I finally entered inside while my heart still overjoyed by the little gestures of Vegas, he wasn't really a monster after all.