Chapter 39: The Quadruplet's Birthday

Penelope, Samantha, Hailey, and Rebecca celebrated their birthday with an array of thoughtful gifts. Penelope was thrilled to receive an amp for her guitar, which she eagerly plugged in. Samantha unwrapped a model Scania truck, her dream vehicle. Hailey's face lit up when she received a set of canvases and high-quality paints to fuel her artistic passion. Rebecca was overjoyed with the punk guitar that Amanda had gifted her, and she couldn't wait to start playing.
The room was filled with laughter and chatter as they reveled in the joy of their new gifts. However, the excitement escalated when Penelope, engrossed in testing out her amp, unwittingly turned up the volume. As the sound boomed, Lily, who was especially sensitive to loud noises, began to experience sensory overload.Amanda gently warned Penelope to lower the volume, but Penelope's frustration got the better of her. After several warnings, Amanda spoke up, her tone firm. "Penelope, if you don't lower the volume, we'll have to take the amp back."Penelope's eyes widened in shock, and the room fell silent. In a surprising outburst, she snapped, "I can't believe we have to be so sensitive just because of Lily!" "Maybe she shouldn't stay with us if she can't handle it!"The weight of her words hung heavily in the air as everyone exchanged worried glances, taken aback by Penelope's unexpected reaction.The chapter ends on a solemn note, leaving the family to contemplate the best way to address this situation.