Prologue

Today is a tiring day. I just finished my swimming training at Wavy. I would have my next competition next month so I'm doing a rigid training for it. I need to be prepared in order to win. I don't want losing. I was a little competitive for my young age I guess?

Dad picked me up. He was driving our car and he was silent all along. He told me that Mom couldn't pick me so he went instead of her. Dad has been away these past few days and I was actually surprised that he was the to one to come.  I hadn't seen him a lot and I didn't know the reason of his absence. I didn't bother to ask either way since he's already here.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he looked at me while he drives. He focused on the steering wheel after that quick glance.

"Yes, I am." He answered shortly which made me confused.

"You seem quiet. Is there something wrong?" I concernly asked. I'm just worried. Did he fight with Mom?

Dad is a jolly person and he's crazy. When I say crazy, I mean literally. He does things that are beyond my imaginations and expectations. He is so extra ordinary and one of a kind. He always thinks outside the box. He is not so normal. Since he came back after how many years, I've started to know him even more, and we're still knowing him. Both for me and Cole.

"Don't mind about me. I'm just thinking about something."

"About what?"

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes. I just want to confirm something about you, Ivan."

I didn't notice that we already arrived at our house. I went outside and my mind was occupied with what he has said. Thinking what was the thing he needed to confirm about me.

Dad suddenly held my small hand while we were walking. I looked at him and he suddenly gave me a playful smile which made me confused again. This is one of his traits that is so hard to understand. He changes his mood quickly.

"May surprise pala kami ng Mommy mo sa'yo." Masaya na sabi niya. "I hope you'll like it."

"What kind of surprise is that?" I asked and he just laughed at me.

When we entered the house, in our spacious living room, I saw Mom sitting on the sofa. She was laughing like she was enjoying something beside her.

"Cole! You silly!" Mom shouted and I saw Cole laughing in front of her.

"Nandito na kami!" Dad shouted and he let go of my hand.

I was about to run towards Mommy but I stopped when a girl suddenly showed up beside her. My eyes widened when I saw who she was. I stopped from moving and I suddenly felt at ease seeing her smiling at me.

I've never seen her for how many days. She didn't show up in any training that we had. She was missing. I was worried during those days. Thinking what had happened to her, and seeing her now smiling at me, I just want to hug her and tell her how much I miss her.

"Sky." I called her name.

Mommy grabbed her hand and made her sat on her lap. Dad sat beside Mom, and Cole sat on Dad's lap. I look at the picture in front of me. The four of them are all smiling while looking at me. What's going on?

"Ivan, I know you know Coleen naman 'di ba, anak? You two were swimmates sa Wavy." Mommy said while smiling dearly at me.

"Yes." I answered. "What's going on?"

"Kuya, may kapatid na tayo!" Masaya na sigaw ni Cole habang pumapalakpak at tuwang tuwa.

"Y-you're pregnant again, Mommy?" I asked and she shook her head.