♡29♡

alluka sat on my lap as I put small braids in her hair. killua was still sleeping, and we allowed him to rest. she informed me about what had happened when he took her to gon and he really seemed to have over exhausted himself.

currently I'm waiting for gon to come back so we can go back to whale island, where the kids will stay until they want to go. I told alluka that she and her brother can stay for as long as they want and that she can think of it as her second home. she was really happy about that, and informed me that even nanika was looking forward to that.

speaking of nanika! she's the sweetest thing ever. sometimes alluka informs me about things nanika says about me, and her comments are the cutest. it seems that she finds comfort in me.

I also soon learned things about alluka that I wished weren't true... but it is obvious. from the way she behaves and speaks, it feels to me as she's been neglected a lot by her family and parents. like, a lot. along with what killua said, about her being locked up for majority of her life.

she likes having a female figure to admire, as she hasn't had anyone to look up to up until now.

she's so sweet.

I finished putting braids in her hair and turned her to me. "all done! wanna see the finished result?" I smiled, making her cheeks warm up as she excitedly nodded her head.

we walked to the mirror where she admired her hair, "it's so pretty!" she smiled, before turning to me. "thank you!"

"want to get some food while waiting for killua to wake up?" I asked, looking down at her who spun in front of the mirror, admiring her hair. she turned to me, and nodded with a joyful smile. "can we?!"

"yes! let's go, alluka!"

♥︎

we left to the cafeteria of the hotel, leaving killua fast asleep on his bed. we considered waking him up but felt too guilty too and decided to go by ourselves. it was better for him anyway since he was exhausted and he deserved a long sleep. alluka admired the place with childlike glee. every little thing seemed to fascinate her, which i found cute. she was similar to me in a way- when i first left whale island for jappon i was also intrigued and excited just like her. of course, my secludement wasn't quite as bad as her. she, according to her and killua, was locked in the basement of her home because of nanika from a young age. it was hurtful to hear about this and even more frustrating when i learned that illumi didn't do anything about it- instead he encouraged it.

it was the first time i ever saw illumi in a different light than i usually do. he's of course blunt and reserved, but he never quite showed hints of being this bad. i didn't expect it at all. i guess it's best not to jump into conclusions since he could have his reasons... or i at least hope he does.

anyway, in the cafeteria i sat with alluka across from me. she held her menu and tried to read the complicated words. i'd help her out if it weren't for the fact that i was also struggling to understand. suddenly i regretted not coming here with killua or gon... me and alluka were surely not a good combination to go out together alone. though gon was away and climbing the big world tree to find his father and killua was asleep.

thankfully the menu had pictures for some of the items, so we decided to choose those instead. we both got ourselves waffles with heavy cream and berries and alluka could barely sit still from excitement. 

"thanks for bringing me here, y/n-san!" alluka exclaimed with a wide grin decorating her face. she reached for her fork and before shoving a full waffle into her mouth. i smiled, shaking my head. "it's no problem at all," i took a fork and knife and began cutting into my waffles, taking my sweet time. the day had just begun, and after everything that's happened recently i just want to relax and take it easy.