𝟎𝟒, long time no see

IV. 1921

Not being her intention, she had fallen asleep on her cousins. She was woken by the feeling being shoved side to side. While asleep they had been pushing her back and forth.

"Alright, enough, come on." Thomas' voice interrupted their antics as she groaned at the discomfort.

"Over?"

She was left on the couch as the boys got up,"yeah, that's why we are going." John answered.

"Enough of the sass, Johnathan." She pointed after wiping the hair out of her face, "You three gotta a brush?"

Arthur laughed, "unfortunately no, come on, places to be, things to do." He pulled her up, rather harshly.

The Gray groaned loudly, leaving the room. Her limps were all sore and achy from how she was sleeping. She swung her arm around Finn's shoulder as they left. John and Arthur ran ahead like children. They mocked one of the boys Maggie had missed.

Feeling eyes on her, she turned her head seeing Tom glancing at her very so often. She was in the mood to talk to him and start an argument with him. She also wasn't in the mood to see her mother knowing that she went to bed with her date, if you could even call him a date.

She knew her mother wasn't herself but she had clearly seen her daughter with the young man before she introduced herself and danced with him. Polly hadn't been Polly for a few months now and Maggie had no idea how to help. When either Gray wasn't well, they pushed others away, the mother and daughter were aware of this.

The three walked down the road, Arthur and John had took their guns out, "Dear god... and I'm a liability." She muttered looking ahead.

Out of nowhere, a familiar voice could be heard, "'Ello Mrs. Gray." Isaiah Jesus.

"If it isn't Isaiah, my favourite of Finn's few friends." Maggie greeted, pushing herself of her cousin knowing he'd be on his way with the Jesus boy in no time.

Finn chuckled humourlessly, "y'alright from here."

"Yes, Finn, I'm alright. I'm not an elderly woman who's about to kick the bucket, just a young woman with a hangover." She said, already walking ahead. The boys left to go to the gym.

She walked a few steps behind Tommy. She watched as her cousins ran in the door, making a fool out of themselves. If she did that, Tommy would say she's "ruining the Shelby reputation". She knows that because there was an occasion where she went running up and down Garrison Lane with her Carissa's father, pointing their guns at each other, as drunk as a skunk.

Tom held the door open, holding back a smirk. There was a guest and Maggie had a guess on who it might be, making her grumble in annoyance.

He slammed the door behind her. She saw John and Arthur stood as embarrassed as the two could possibly be, which wasn't a lot. But she caught a glance at the visitor.

It wasn't James.

But someone familiar. She couldn't place a name.

She didn't want to think that her mother spent a night with one man never mind two.

Maggie stood behind Tommy as he stepped forward. Arthur and John put their guns back in their holsters and smirks appeared on their face as they looked the boy up an down. Boy.