8. Bee

Lovebomb/ Ser Bronn out now!

"Hey. How are you?" Ted questioned peering into the office. "Just wanna make sure you're doing okay. You know, that was pretty rough back there."

"I expect nothing less from the press." Rebecca countered.

"Yeah."

"Sorry, did you need somebody to post that? Because that person's not me." Rebecca remarked looking at the package in teds hand.

"No, come on. This is a care package from my little boy." Ted corrected. "Maybe something in here can help cheer you up, yeah? Got a small battalion of army men." He held up the bags. "Says here on the card that I'm supposed to set 'em up in my apartment to help keep me safe." Ted remarked. "Homemade kazoo."

"Excellent." Rebecca mused.

"Only got one of those though, so you can't have that." Ted countered. 

"Thats so sweet," POppy declared. 

"I told him about the Bee movie," Ted added. "Said he saw it and I should watch it." 

"You should, its excellent. Great soundtrack too." Poppy agreed.

"Good to know, love me a good sound track," Ted agreed. 

"Thought you might." Poppy agreed. 

" Hey now. Look at that right there. You know, this right here is some of the best barbecue sauce in Kansas City, which makes it some of the best barbecue sauce in the world". He took a sniff. "Yes!" He declared startling Rebecca. Poppy laughed. He held it out to her. 

"Spicy?"  Poppy questioned. 

"Oh yeah." Ted agreed.

"I like spicy." Poppy agreed. 

  "You got some kind of food or something that can teleport you back home, make you feel warm and fuzzy?"

"No." Rebecca corrected.

"Gingerbread." Poppy corrected and Rebecca sighed. 

"Yes, gingerbread." 

"I'm going to want to hear that story." Ted remarked looking between them.

 "Will that be all, Ted?" Rebecca countered. 

"No. No, actually, the whole reason I'm here is 'cause I'm having a little trouble figuring out Jamie Tartt's operating instructions," Ted admitted. "and I was just seeing if you happened to have any advice."

"Sorry, I'm afraid..." Rebecca began but hesitated, a ploy hatching, Poppy could see it and hoped Ted didnt. 

"Your eyes just lit up. You got an idea. What is it? Go on." Ted urged.

"I was just gonna say you should go and talk to Keeley." Rebecca suggested leaning in suddenly interested. "I mean, you two have an obvious rapport. If anyone knows Jamie, it's her."

"See, that's why you're the boss, right? That's good. Hey, tell you what I'm gonna do though." Ted remarked taking a little army man out. "I'm gonna give you one of these stinkers. Let's see. Let's get you a good one. Okay, this right here is gonna be your first line of defense, in case that little turkey Ernie Lounds comes back around, huh? How about that? We'll aim him right at the door there for you." Ted added, rebecca stared down at the little army man. "All right, thanks, boss. I appreciate you." Poppy followed Ted out. 

"Hey, movie night tonight, you, me and Birdie, my place." Poppy remarked. "I wont take no for an answer."

"Well good thing I was going to say yes." Ted agreed.