Chapter 16

Abhi was constantly changing sleeping position but still was not able to sleep. Jai was fast asleep cuddled up in a blanket. Raj noticed that Abhi was still awake.

Raj: Aap jag rhe ho? Mujhe laga aap so gye.

Abhi: Neend nhi aa rhi.
Raj: Aap kuch khaoge? Food helps.

Abhi: Nhi bhook nhi hai. Munna kaha h?

Raj: Woh washroom gye h.. Aapko neend nhi aa rhi na, thodi der verandah mein ja k aa jao. Achhi hawa chal rhi h. Ho sakta h fir neend aa jaye.

Abhi nodded and went to verandah which was just a few steps away from Raj's room. When he entered there he saw that someone was there. He screamed seeing the person. Then, he realised they were persons. They were Munna and Swati kissing each other. However they parted hearing his scream. Abhi heard Raj's voice from behind.

Raj: Kya hua?

Soon everyone gathered there.

Deep: Kya hua?

Abhi: Mai Munna aur Swati ko dekh k dar gya.

There was no point of beating around the bush, the truth was infront of everyone. Ashi and Pandit looked at Swamun with disbelief.

Raj: Mom, Dad, Deepu aur Aayu toh nhi uthe na?

Deep: Mujhe lagta h neeche tak awaaz nhi gyi.

Pandit : (with a really cold voice) Sab apne apne room mein chalo.

Swamun were shocked with Pandit's reaction. They expected him to shout at them for hiding this but the reaction was unexpected.

All of them exited the verandah. Munna tried to talk to Pandit but Pandit ignored him and went to the room he was sleeping in and closed the door on Munna's face. And Munna went to Raj's room with his head low. He was extremely dejected that his best friend was not even ready to talk to his and it was his fault.

Meanwhile in the guest room, Ashi didn't even hear Swati out. She just covered herself in a blanket and pretended to sleep.

Swati: Ashi! Mujhe pata hai tu soi nhi hai.. baat toh kr mujhse. Kuch toh bol.
Ashi: Preeti, ise bol de mujhe isse baat nhi krni.

Swati: Aise mat kr na. I'm sorry.

Ashi: Preeti, ise bol de k khud bhi so jaye aur humein bhi sone de.

Swati had no choice but to sleep now. Ashi was not even trying to listen. Swati tried to sleep but was not able to. She cried silently before getting a little bit of sleep.
____________________
Next morning everyone went back to their homes. Pandit and Ashi still didn't talk to Swamun. Swashi prepared the breakfast together but Ashi didn't talk to her. After the breakfast Swati went to Munna's room to talk about the incident that occurred last night.

Swati: Ab kya kre humlog? Ashi bilkul bhi baat nhi kr rhi h.

Munna: Pandit bhi baat nhi kr rha. Un dono ko bohot bura laga h.

Swati started sobbing realising her mistakes.

Munna: Isme teri koi galti nhi hai. Tu mat ro.

He held her hand to reassure her, that it wasn't her fault.

The whole day went by the same. Ashi was not a person who would shout when angry. Whenever she was angry she would just stop talking to that person. Ashi didn't even come out of her room the whole day. During lunch and dinner she took her food and went inside her room. Pandit only talked about necessary stuff and not even a single word other than that. Aayu noticed that something was wrong between the adults but shook the thought off, when Pandit told him that everything was alright and Ashi was just busy.

Next morning all of them sat on the dining table together, to have breakfast with AAYU. Swati was still dejected and was not much good with putting up a facade, but Aayu didn't think much about it.

Ashi: Aayu jaldi kha lo. Deep aur Deepu bahar wait kr rhe honge.

Aayu: Ho gya mera.

Ashi and Aayu then left the house. A very deep silence covered the house.

Pandit: Humein ghar se nikalna bhi hai. Padosi wait kr rhi hogi.

Swati silently nodded and Munna gave no reaction. Munna didn't know how to react at Pandit and Ashi's behaviour. He knew that he and Swati were not totally at fault.
______________________________
At the college everyone knew what was happening but no one had the guts to deliberately open the topic. All of them acted normal, but nothing was normal. SwaMun were in section B and Pandit was in section A, so it was not a problem.
Meanwhile, in the junior classes AshDeep and SidNeet were sitting together. For some time, Ashi was feeling normal. Sid was making the three of them laugh with his jokes. Her, new friends whom she met just a few days ago were making her feel good too. She didn't even have to say anything, they understood that she was not happy and they were trying to cheer her up. After the first class the juniors had some free time before the next class, so all the juniors went to the cafeteria. As usual Avu and Jaan sat far away from each other. Most of the talking was done by Raj, Sid, Deep, Avu.

Faiz whispered to Jaan: Mujhe terese baat krni h.

Jaan hmmed, telling him to continue.

Faiz: Bahar chal.

Jaan had full trust on her best friend, she didn't question him.

Jaan announced: Mai aur Faiz 5 min mein aa rhe h. Tumlog agar class mein jane wale ho toh mujhe call kr dena.

Faiz and Jaan crossed the hallway and sat in an empty classroom.

Faiz: Tu Avu k saath waise kyu behave krti hai?

Jaan was confused, thinking where this conversation heading to. She obviously knew it wasn't going to be a good one because he mentioned 'Avu' with whom she didn't get along well.

Jaan: Kaise behave krti hoon mai uske saath?

Faiz: Tujhe pta h mai kis cheez k baare mein bol raha hoon.

Jaan was getting a little irritated because he was not directly telling her the matter.

Jaan: Nhi. Mujhe nhi pta. Please WORDS mein bata ki tu kya bolna chahta hai.

Faiz: Ok! Tu Avu k saath humesha deliberately jhagda kyu krti hai?

Jaan was upset again, her bestfriend thought that she was doing it deliberately.

Jaan: Ab tu mere baare mein yahi sochta hai na?

Faiz: Jaan tu jo kr rhi hai woh sahi nhi hai.

By this time Jaan was in tears. She was not ready to talk anymore. Her fears were becoming real. She walked out of the classroom, she was not in the state to be rational and think things out. He followed her out of the classroom calling her, but she didn't listen. She didn't even go the canteen. She crossed the hallway and walked out of the college, and took a taxi to go home. Faiz saw this and noted the taxi number in case of emergency. He returned to the Cafeteria with a tired look.

Anu: Jaan kidhar hai?

Faiz: Woh.. Woh ghar gyi usko koi bohot urgent kaam tha.

Everyone seemed to believe his excuse except Sid, because it was both Faiz and Sid's decision to talk to Jaan. Faiz sat beside Sid, when Sid did a 'what happened' sign. Faiz slowly whispered everything to Sid. Both of them decided to talk when they go home.

That's it for today.

How was the chapter??

Co-author:- notyourclichechic

Please vote and comment.

Any suggestions??