7. HER FIRST GIFT

Varunmala comes out as she hears Chandrakanta calling her. Chandrakanta and Varunmala had a small talk and Varunmala tells her that she made a servant to follow her and she learns that Chandrakanta's relation with her mother is not so good.

So Chandrkaanta tells her aunt that there is no point in hiding the truth as she knows very well. Chandrakanta then advises her aunt to make an excuse of offspring.

(Chandrakanta ka kehna hai ki uski badi chachi ko ek putr ko janm dene ke liye vo kaksh (room) chahiye kyunki Shyamala ko us kaksh mei rehne ke baad 3 putr hue.. Dadi hai ek andhviswaas aurat isliye vo ispe yakeen kar legi..)

Varunmala smirks and thanks Chandrakanta. The next day Varunmala applies Chandrakanta's suggestion and swears that she will not move out of the master bedroom until she gives birth to a son. They came out from the hall and Varunmala tells Shyamala that Chandrakanta helped her by advising her.

Shyamala goes to visit Chandrakanta and sees that she made a pen which can write 3 letters at a time. She made 2 pens like that but her mother caught her but Chandrakanta hid them. Then the mother and daughter talk.

Shyamala asks Chandrakanta not to be involved in the matters of her elders. Chandrakanta tells her mother that she just took revenge as her aunt bullied her and her mother should be happy as Chandrakanta knew that her mother thinks that master bedroom is useless and the gift from the imperial palace (raj mahal) didn't come yet.

So Chandrakanta knew that they will be shifted to a new house. But her mother asked her to BEHAVE HERSELF and not to cause anymore troubles. Shyamala also took her creative pen. Chandrakanta repeated those lines again and again.

The eunuch came along with the king's decree and gave the gift from the king. They were given a lot of servants and also Balakumaran got promoted.

(A/N : Balakumaran is a normal Lieutenant Colonel in a poor family but after winning a war along with General Chauhan, i.e., Basanti's father, he got promoted and he became Marquis or Colonel.)

Lakshmi was very happy and her maid said that the king sent many gifts to them. Varunmala says that what's so useful of those gifts when General Chauhan got a big mansion to stay in. Balakumaran says that it's right but as General Chauhan is his friend, he gave his old mansion to them as a gift and they can stay there.

Varunmala becomes happy for a second but then Shyamala says that since Varunmala took an oath that she will not move out from the master bedroom till she gives birth to a son, she has to stay there. Everyone leaves including Pralayankar (Varunmala's husband) and Varunmala grits her teeth saying 'CHANDRAKANTA WADIYAR..'

Then Varunmala visits Chandrakanta in her room and they have a conversation. Chandrakanta saw her mother's clothes behind the door and she on purpose made Varunmala to speak ill of Pralayankar, her 2nd uncle. Shyamala being sharp visioned caught her trick and quickly sent some soldiers to Pralayankar and Varunmala's room.

Varunmala speaks ill of her husband and says how miserable she is. Then she beats her husband but Shyamala comes in time and she orders Madhurima to take Pralayankar out. Then Shyamala reveals the truth by saying that how she was forced to leave her daughter behind due to Varunmala's trick.

Varunmala used the name of god and the superstitious beliefs by Lakshmi and said that the 3rd child Shyamala gave birth should be left behind to make sure everything in their family will be good and nothing bad will happen to the family.

Shyamala gave birth to twins and she left her daughter behind and took her son away with them. Before leaving, she heard her daughter cries, but she left holding her feelings. Then Shyamala says that without her order Varunmala can't come out of that house.

On the other hand, Virendra singh and his sub-ordinates found the shop and Nakush says that food is being delievered inside the shop daily but no one comes out from the shop. So Virendra singh orders to check inside and they find an idol of god and Virendra turns it and finds a secret room where Kaalberu was hiding.

Unfortunately, he takes an acute poison and dies. He falls and a mark on his neck was noticed by Virendra singh. Virendra singh remembers his past.

A small boy was hiding behind a small barrel and then he noticed that a soldier greeted the people who came with the weapons. Later, at night in a pour down, the boy holds a sword which was half broken and he understood that the weapons were duplicate.

Virendra singh orders his sub-ordinates to capture all the blacksmiths in that shop and the servants worked in his house and he says that he wants to interrogate every one.

Nakush asks Virendra whether he recognises the birthmark and Virendra singh replies that Kaalberu is the one who exchanged the weapons and replaced them with duplicate ones. Virendra singh regrets that he let Kaalberu to die easily.

'Is dukaan ko 3 pair maap (3 foot) khod ke dhundho.. Koi shor na ho aur koi pramaan (evidence) na chute iska dhyaan rakho.. Kaalberu jis bhi vyakti se bet (meet) karta tha sabka pata nikalo..' Virendra singh said.

On the other hand, Varunmala's father and sister-in-law (bhabhi) visits Wadiyar's residence. Varunmala's father apologises for the deeds Varunmala did and gratitudes Wadiyar family for forgiving her all these years. Her father decides to take Varunmala with him to her maternal house forever.

Chandrakanta came back to her room and Siyali asked why she returned so early. Chandrakanta replies that everyone is having fun as a family and why should she disturb them.

But then she tells Siyali that she thought Sharda was unlucky as her mother is not an organised woman. But now, she realised that Varunmala's sister-in-law loves Sharda very much and how lucky Sharda really is..

Then Siyali tells that Varunmala hates that she gave birth to a daughter and Sharda was sent to her aunt when she was less than a year old baby. Chandrakanta then tells Sharda is really lucky as she will now live in her grandparents house and they will treat her as a treasure.

Unlike her, whose grandmother and mother don't love her and she is really unlucky. Siyali tells that everyone in the family loves her and just then her mother comes and asks how can she return on her own without even greeting her grandfather being so rude.

Chandrakanta says that Sharda's grandfather came to deal with the business of settling his daughter and son-in-law's matter instead of meeting them. She also adds that she is just a young girl and what business could she have there..?

She also adds that she doesn't need to see Pralayankar writing a divorce letter to Varunmala even though Varunmala mistreated her.

She then asks her mother whether she wants to see Sharda's grandfather apologizing her ? Shyamala replies that no matter whatever happens, she has to meet them. So she takes Chandrakanta to Sharda's room.