20. CHANDRAKANTA PUNISHED

Basanti's grandmother informs Drupad that Chandrakanta is the one who set up a trap and made trouble and she informs Drupad that she wrote a letter to Chandrakanta's parents about her actions.

Balakumaran, Chandrakanta's father says that he will punish her and doesn't let her off the hook this time. But to be honest, he cares for his daughter and wants to save her from her mother's cruel punishment.

Balakumaran sends Madhurima to call Chandrakanta there. He then informs his brother, wife and Sulakshana to do as he says. Shymala gets furious and punishes her. She drops a cup as a signal and Timmarasu and Sulakshana will run and pretend to cry and ask her to forgive Chandrakanta. Shyamala being helpless will forgive Chandrakanta.

'Brata, aap aalekh (script) bahut achchha likhte hai.. Paranthu aapke aalekh mei hume kyun shaamil hona padega..?' Timmarasu questioned his brother.

'Isliye taaki Tara ko lage ki usse bhi zyada koi takatvar hai, use keval yeh nahi lagna chahiye ki use surakhsit (safe) rakhne ke liye uske nata pita hai..' Balakumaran said. Madhurima called Chandrakanta and she came to the hall informing Siyali that no one can save her today.

'Kya Chauhan pariwar ke ghar mei musibat tumhara kiya dhara hai..? Tum pachtava karne se mana kyun karti ho..?' Shyamala asked Chandrakanta.

'Koi kaaran (reason) nahi.. Mujhe bas pratishod (revenge) lena tha aur maine le liya..' Chandrakanta replied.

'Maine tumhe chetavni (warn) diya tha ki yadi tum aaj koi musibat (trouble) karogi tho mai tumhe kshama (forgive) nahi karungi apitu dhand (punishment) dungi..' Shyamala said.

'Saty (Truth) yahi hai ki yeh kary (kaam) maine kiya.. Mata, mai aapse kshama (forgive) ki apeksha (hope) nahi rakhti hu.. Yadi aapko dhand dena hai tho dijiye..' Chandrakanta said.

'Tumne apna galti sweekar (accept) kiya.. Tho mere paas bhi koi wajah nahi raha tum par kripa (mercy) dikhane ka..' Shyamala said and asked Madhurima to serve the rods.

Madhurima asks Chandrakanta to ask for her mother's forgiveness but she refuses saying that she doesn't do anything wrong and sje just took her revenge which makes Shyamala furious.

'Kya tum yeh dhand sweekar karti ho..? Yadi tumhari haddiyan bhi tut jaaye aur tumhara khoon bahe tab bhi..?' Shyamala asks for the last time, Chandrakanta replies, Bring it on mother. Shyamala asks her soldiers to hit. She turns her face to the other side.

Although, it hurts her to punish her daughter discipling her is more important as her mother. Chandrakanta being stubborn puts a cloth in her mouth not to shout. The trio, i.e., Balakumaran, his brother Timmarasu and his wife were speechless as they saw maidens guarding the hall and they knew Chandrakanta is being punished.

They went and stopped the maidens from beating Chandrakanta. Balakumaran questions his wife how can she be so cruel. Sulakshana asks someone to call for a physician. Timmarasu asks how she can be so cruel to her own daughter.

Timmarasu also adds that she could have used words and give some examples to teach her daughter instead of serving rods. Shyamala then says that the one who got beaten is quiet, the one who made plan is questioning her and the others are being reasonable while she is the only villian in the family.

Shyamala then asks Timmarasu to take Chandrakanta along with him to Sundergadh County ( jilla) as he will join as a magistrate in Sundergadh County. She also said that she will no longer care about Chandrakanta while she says, great mother, keep your promise then. She even let her tears flow down.

At night, Balakumaran visits his daughter and asks to sleep. She says that he is a good father and she will not create any more trouble and he doesn't need to clean the mess she created. The next day, Basanti visits her and by mistake she hits her in the same area where she was beaten.

Chandrakanta cries in pain and asks Basanti to be gentler. Then Basanti questions how Shyamala found that it was Chandrakanta's doing, being a close friend even though she doesn't know this. Chandrakanta remembers Virendra tapping the bridge.

'Unhone hi sikhayat (complaint) ki hogi mere baare mei..' Chandrakanta said.

'Kiske vishay mei baat kar rahi ho tum..?' Basanti asked.

'Rakshas..' Chandrakanta replied and Siyali brought a medicine saying that Virendra sent it to her and the medicine can be heal the wounds for the person who receives military punishment. Chandrakanta suspects whether Virendra had a spy in her family.

Das tells Virendra that Chandrakanta threw the medicine he gave her and she is being arrogant.

'Kya tum itne uplabdh (free) ho ki tumhare paas sevakon ki varthalab (conversation) sunne ka samay (time) hai, isse achchha tum rajkumar Siddhsen ka peecha karta..' Virendra said to Das. Das says that he got curious and Siddhsen is so scared of him that he doesn't make a move, not to enjoy too.

'Paranthu maharaj tho jaa rahe hai Vijaynagar aur vo vyakti (person) shaant nahi baitega jo bhi iske peeche hai..' Virendra said.

'Ek kary (kaam) karo.. Rahasyamayi (secret) tarah se kisi ko sahay (help) karne ke liye kary pe lagao..' Virendra instructed and they left.

The next day, Chandrakanta sat in her carriage and she left along with her aunt and uncle. Shayamala by coincidence crossed paths with her daughter but then Madhurima asks Shyamala that why does she send Chandrakanta away if she cares for her. Madhurima replies that she misunderstood that she cares for Chandrkanta.

Shyamala cares for Chandrakanta as she is her mother, the only thing is she doesn't want to show this to anyone and wants to discipline her daughter.

The carriage gets stopped as Timmarsu was informed that Tej Ahluwalia is following them. Timmarasu gets down and asks Tej why he is following them. Tej replies that he came to protect Chandrakanta. Timmarasu says that there are people around Chandrakanta and she is safe, so he doesn't need to accompany her.

Tej then says that he met Chandrakanta several times and they are like friends. Timmarasu says that he heard about the bethrotal breakoff news of Tej and Champa. If someone sees Tej following, people would misunderstand Chandrakanta and Tej's relationship. Chandrakanta says that she need to talk with Tej. Tej goes near her.

Tej then tells her how he saw her removing the log and making everyone fall in the lake. She replies that she is not sick and she received punishment and she got expelled from her own house. She even asks him did he came to make things worse for her.

He replies that she misunderstood him. He came there as he treated her as a friend and he got impressed by the way she stood by his side and supported him on lantern's festival day.

Chandrakanta says that he misunderstood her as she got annoyed by his bossy fiancee. She says that she doesn't have any feelings for him. She then asks Hari, their servant to move. He obeys but Tej didn't give up and he kept following them. Seeing him follow, her aunt and uncle notice that he wants to be attentive towards her only..

Chandrakanta refused to accept Tej's feelings as she doesn't know about him that much but she learns that her aunt was betrothed to Prithvi Vallabh's master for 7 years and due to some issue, she married her uncle and knows how worthy he is..