four ・004

' KOI

' KOI . . . '
──a one piece fanfiction
created / edited
10.07.23

ooo. they had left the town and dae was relaxing towards the front of the small boat, her legs over another as she has her arms behind her head as a makeshift pillow, nami was looking at the map of the grandline, also near the front end of the ship, "Never seen that before..." nami comments to herself, dae's eyes momentarily flick over to nami. "Hey- nami, nami!" Luffy says to nami, and dae's eyes flicker over to luffy. "What?" Nami speaks, slight irritation in her tone.

Dae sits up, using her elbows, and luffy stands as he holds up a black flag with a horrific looking jolly Rodger that has a strawhat on, dae slaps a hand over her mouth as she tries to conceal her laughter.

  "It's ready!" Luffy shouts in accomplishment, "and, what is it?" Nami questions, and dae just trembles with laughter. "Are jolly rodger! Every pirate crew needs one, and now we do!" Luffy explains.

"We're not a crew, and you are not hanging that on my boat." Nami says, unimpressed. "That has to be the worst jolly Rodger i've ever laid my eyes on." Dae laughs, and luffy frowns a bit- his lips pursed. Zoro leaves the cabin, and luffy turns to said greenhead, "Zoro, zoro, check it out!" Luffy says, and zoro looks the flag up and down- also not impressed, just like the two girls.

"That's unique." Zoro says sarcastically, "Nami, i think the toilets busted." Zoro says, and dae sits up all the way, "We don't have a toilet." She says back, "Oh. Well then something back there's leaking." Zoro converses with the ginger, who gets up quickly, "What?!" She says in disbelief as she heads back, dae just watches before going back to laying down, closing her eyes as the sun warms her body up.

Nami goes into the cabin before coming back, "We're taking in water, what did you do?!" She asks zoro, and dae opens a eye while the other one remains closed. "I didn't do anything." Zoro says back, "Well your playing with those swords all the time, you must've broken something." Nami argues, and dae opens her other eye as she watches the pair argue. "Well if your such a good theif, why didn't you steal a better boat?" Zoro argues, and dae just watches with a nonchalant look.

"Well, what about you? You have that sword and the switch thing due to your devil fruit" nami says, suspicious, dae furrows her brows, "dont go blaming me- i might have a devil fruit and my swords, but i don't care enough to break something." Dae argues, nami rolls her eyes from the pair, "Hey- hey, guys! Okay, crew meeting" luffy tries to calm the three down. "Not a crew" nami, dae, and zoro speak, nami more irritated tone, dae more laid back tone, and zoro having his blank tone.

"We're gonna need a better ship if we want to make it too the grand line, a real pirate ship. Worthy of the strawhat crew." Luffy says, and dae raises a brow due to the name, "wait- strawhat crew? Really?" Nami questions in disbelief, "Yeah! I thought it had a nice ring to it!" Luffy says, "Demon, has a nice ring to it. Headgear? Not scary." Zoro comments, "Or, we do the dae crew! Get it cause, my name sounds like day?... you dont get it." Dae says, trying to make a joke, but with nami and zoro's looks, she gives it up.

Luffy chuckles a bit, "Oh i get it! Anyways- the point is, we need a new ship. Where do we get one?" Luffy says, nami sighs a bit before grabbing a log book, "Our closest bet is... the gecko islands, we can probably make it there before our ship sinks. Thats just wanting to get a working one." Nami says, and dae sits up all the way as she leans on her legs, "Good. Lets just get one with a working toilet." Zoro says, and dae looks at him with a side glance, and nami looks at zoro- unimpressed.

"Good job navigator." Luffy says to nami, and she, along with zoro and dae just look at him not all that impressed. "Your still not hanging that on my ship." Nami says to luffy's flag, "No way in hell" dae adds on.

ooo. dae looks at her reasearch paper, and purses her lips, at the paper. Luffy peaks his head over her shoulder, and dae's eyes slowly look at him, "What are you doing?" She questions, a raised brow, and luffy stands closer, "Looking at your paper" he smiles, and dae just sighs inaudibly before looking at her reaserch paper. "So- is this a paper all about the east blue?" He questions, "Mostly, i still need to tweak it." Dae answers, her tone nonchalant as usual.

Nami makes her way into the cabin, "We're here." Nami says before leaving, and dae places the paper away, hopping up, and luffy had already exited the cabin to adventure into the town, nami sighs as the two boys leave together- nami hops off and onto the shore, and dae does as well after pushing the sloop out to sea like nami told her too. Dae then goes into the town as she ends up getting a bit lost around the town before managing to catch up with nami who looks over her shoulder, "Lets go meet up with the two others." She says, and dae yawns before nodding with the ginger.

The two girls find the two boys as luffy and zoro look at the two girls as they approach them. "Hey! You got us a ship?" Luffy questions. "Working on it, dae pushed the sloop out to sea like i asked." Nami says, and dae just stands there nonchalantly, "No marines are gonna be flowing us here then!" Luffy says with a smile, dae just looks at him with with a side glance. "Well, we're not going to be here for very long, turns out syrup village is known for their ship building." Nami says, "Well, what are we waiting for then?!" Luffy says, going in the opposite direction. Nami looks confused before she and dae follow after the boy.

ooo. as the four of them walk, they see people building, dae just looks at them with a nonchalant gaze. "Look at them all" luffy comments with a small smile due to all the ships and the wood that was being made into the ship, "How much do these even cost?" Zoro questions, "Most pretty decent ships can cost over 1,000,000 beri's- which is something that we definitely cant afford." Dae explains, and zoro looks at her with a side gaze.

"Okay, so, we need to get one with a very, very present figurehead. At least 2- no 3 masts, and a really high crows nest." Luffy says, as the four walk throughout the ship building. "We are not going to be able to sail a ship nearly that size, there's only 4 of us." Nami says, "4 of us right now." Luffy replies, "If you manage to even get another person whose hopeless enough to want to join." Nami comments, "speak for yourself." Zoro comments, and dae looks at him with a sideeye, nami looks at him- annoyed before looking back forward again.

"Listen, we're going to need something less flashy if we wanna sneak out of here." Nami says, and the four stop, "You want to steal one?" Luffy asks, crossing his arms, "Yeah, how else do you think we'd get one?" Nami questions, "I dunno. But we cant steal one" luffy says, and dae raises a brow, "What kind of pirate are you?" She questions the boy.

  "A ship is not just a ship, its apart of our crew. We need to find the perfect one." Luffy says as nami looks at the two, who both had nonchalant expressions on.

"And we're going to get it the right way." Luffy says, And dae just looks at him unimpressed. "Okay pitch that to the sales man, im sure that'll win him over." Nami says, and dae sighs inaudibly. "Exactly!" Luffy says before walking

"He's hopeless." Dae sighs as she watches luffy depart

1390 words
──
sorixu_