Checking the suit.

IN THE SPIDER SOCIETY HEADQUARTERS...

In the dimly lit confines of his high-tech meeting room, Miguel O'Hara sat surrounded by holographic screens. The one right in front of him played a recording of the recent battle against the colossal Robot Octopus, a scene that had captured his attention. With a focused gaze, he rewound the footage repeatedly, fixating on the pivotal moment when Miles – or apparently, Gwen – demonstrated an unexpected power.

Miguel's fingers danced over the holographic controls, freezing the image as Miles' hands began to emit electric sparks. He studied the scene closely, his eyes narrowing with suspicion.

He knew something fishy was going on.

***

Miles opened his eyes, disoriented. His first instinct was to reach up to his face, his fingers fumbling for the familiar fabric of his Spider-mask. Panic tugged at his chest when his fingertips met only bare skin. The realization struck him like a jolt of electricity – his mask was missing.

But what about his other mask?

His heart raced as his fingers moved, now searching for the telltale mass of hair that indicated the presence of Gwen's blonde locks. His hand brushed against his head, and he felt a surge of relief wash over him as his fingers encountered the soft strands of long hair. It was Gwen's hair. A sigh escaped his lips.

Miles stirred in the hospital bed, his gaze shifting to the side, and there, he found Peni's big, relieved eyes looking at him with concern and affection.

A soft voice reached his ears, belonging to someone nearby. "Gwen's waking up," Cindy Moon's voice commented. Miles turned his head, his eyes scanning the room until they settled on the familiar faces gathered around him.

Jessica Drew, Pavitr Prabhakar, Cindy Moon, and even Spider Cat were all there. Miles shifted in the bed, feeling a dull ache in his muscles and a lingering sense of exhaustion. He was still processing everything that had happened.

Gathering his thoughts, he finally managed to form a question. "Where... Where am I?"

Jessica Drew's eyes met his, her tone gentle as she replied, "You're in the infirmary. Don't worry, you're fine. You just needed some rest."

Pavitr's voice chimed in, his words laced with admiration. "Man, I gotta say, Gwen, you were awesome out there. Facing that robot head-on like that, breaking through the energy shield like a total badass...I kinda want your autograph now"

Cindy nodded in agreement, a smile playing on her lips. "Yeah, that was some serious courage out there."

Peni spoke up softly. "I'm just glad you're okay...Gwen."

Miles offered her a grateful smile.

Time passed in a soft blur, the hum of the infirmary a constant backdrop to Miles' thoughts. The other Spider People had eventually gone their separate ways. Only Peni remained by Miles' side, seated in a chair beside his bed, engrossed in a holographic video game projected from her portable device.

"Hey, Peni, can I ask you something?"

"Sure," she replied, without taking her eyes off her game.

He hesitated for a moment, collecting his thoughts before continuing. "Did you add any extra features to the morph-suit? Like... extra powers or anything?"

Peni set her holographic device aside, her brow furrowing in confusion. "Extra powers? No. Why?"

Miles took a deep breath, his gaze fixed on Peni's eyes. "During the fight with the Robot Octopus, there was a moment when I... I shot a jolt of electricity from my hands. It went through the energy barrier of the robot and helped me break through."