Chapter four

(21 weeks pregnant.)

I sat on the couch, phone In hand, as I watched Obito drag in a scarlet colored dress.

I blinked, setting the phone into my lap, "Obito? What's with the dress?"

He grinned, pushing his small eyepatch up some to make it more comfortable, "we need fancy clothes."

"Fancy clothes?" I smiled, laughing softly. "Why do we need said fancy clothes?"

He smirked, crossing his arms over his broad chest, "dinner."

I sighed, "I need to wear a 'fancy' dress to dinner? What's the occasion?"

He pouted, "don't you knowwww!"

He stomped into his room, coming back down the stairs with an invitation. I yelped as he tossed it at me.

"Obito!" I said catching it, "don't throw shit around."

He stuck out his tongue, gesturing for me to read it.

I rolled my eyes, peeling back the layer of paper. I pulled out a small note, it had fancy cursive traveling down the pages in lush sentences.

My eyes roamed over the first line.

"You are formally invited to the Uchiha dinner party."

I froze, "the dinner party?"

He nodded, smirking.

"You mean the one your rich family holds once a year?" I said, surprised, "and you want me to go?"

He frowned, "of course, why wouldn't i?"

I shook my head, reading over the rest of the note.

"The dinner will take place at the Uchiha mansion at 8:00 on the 25th of this month. Please keep in mind there will be alcohol, and you will more than likely need a way home. Dinner shall take place around 9:00. There will be dancing and snacks. We consider it a ball, please wear a masquerade  mask. You will not be reprimanded if you choose not to do so. The color theme is black.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

-Mikoto Uchiha."

I rubbed my hand over my now swollen belly, "ah, short and sweet I see."

Obito smiled, "come on darling it will be fun!"

I glared at him, "you just want family drama."

He looked away, "ight, you caught me-"

"You know he'll be there," I frowned, sighing softly.

He smiled, "and that's the exact reason for us to go, he needs to know you've moved on."

"Does he though?" I laughed sadly, "I don't want to be insulted."

Obito sat beside me on the couch, kissing my cheek, "don't worry, I'll be with you."

I sighed, "you know the theme is black right?"

He smirked, "and thats the reason we wear red."

I tilted my head, "you attention seeker."

He smiled, "what!? I just like making a dramatic entrance!"

I chuckled as he began ranting about the party

...

I sat in the car, waiting patiently for Obito.

He needed to pick us up some masks from the costume store.

Little did I know how stupid that idea was.