Chapter 1 - The first trigger

April O'Neil was having a normal day, at least to her standards, she was in the sewers of New York accompanied by four mutant turtles who she's friends with, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo.

For a long time now, Donatello had shown a lot of... "interest" on April, he always trying to make a move on her, finding excuses for them to be alone together and she also started noticing he might even be stalking her to some degree, not that she's fully sure about the last part but something is telling her that this might be the case, she likes Donnie, but not the same way he likes her, she sees him almost like a brother, a very close friend at best, but it was never something romantic to her, the sittuation was very uncomfortable sometimes but she didn't want to be mean and just yell at Donnie to stop, she tried talking to him about it before but he just doesn't seem to get it.

And today was no different, April was in a not so great mood and Donnie thought this was a great moment to ask her out so they could could hang around his lab, as soon as April saw Donnie coming she knew what was gonna happen and she was not feeling like dealing with this right now, she saw Michelangelo sneaking something in his room, she got curious, Donnie immediately jumped in and tried to start the usual short talk before asking her out.

🟣 - "Hey, April. How are you? I was wondering if you would..."

🟡 - "Oh! Hi... Don..."

🟣 - "So... there's something I need your help with real quick, so would you like to..."

🟡 - "Sorry, Donnie. I uh... have plans with Mikey, can it be some other day?"

🟣 - "With... Mikey? Ah... Uh... I..."

🟡 - "Thanks for understanding, I have to go now, see you later."

April quickly walked out of there, leaving Donnie frozen and confused as he processed what just happened, she quietly knocked on Mikey's door before walking inside without permission, she caught Mikey reading with a pile of books by his side, she tried acting casual.

🟡 - "Hum... hi, Mikey."

🟠 - "Hello...? What's the rush?"

🟡 - "Nothing, I was just... wondering what you were doing, I was bored."

🟠 - "Oh, ok. Casey gave me these books, apparently he found them in his attic."

🟡 - "Really? What are they about?" she sits near him

🟠 - "There's a ton, but this one I'm reading is about kimonos."

🟡 - "Japanese dresses?"

🟠 - "Pretty much."

🟡 - "Huh... I didn't think you liked this sort of thing."

🟠 - "Yeah, I don't speak about it much, my brothers would probably laugh at me."

🟡 - "For liking fashion?"

🟠 - "I like dressing up, not that I get to do it most o the time, but I think it's cool."

🟡 - "Ok, what did you find in that book so far?"

🟠 - "I just opened in a random page, it's talking about sashes, there's a lot of ways you can wrap and tie them up into all sorts of cute ways."

🟡 - "Woah... this one looks like a flower!"

🟠 - "I know, right?! Crazy pretty."

🟡 - "Yeah."

While they talked, Donatello came back to his senses and, out of curiosity, went to Mikey's door to eavesdrop on their conversation

🟠 - "Y'know... looking at you right now, I think you'd be a great model."