Chapter 12

Tommy approaches slowly, scared of what he might find. In this moment all quarrels have been forgotten. He just wants his big brother back. 

As Tommy walked up towards the gathering of paramedics and ambulances, somebody stops him. 

"Kid theres been an accident here, you gotta stay back," A paramedic tells him. 

"I..." Tommy paused, "a suicide... right? I think it might be my friend... please..." His voice trailed out, and he looked down to the floor. The paramedic sighed. 

"Go on then," He said, moving his arm out the way, "But kid?" 

Tommy looked up, meeting the paramedics eyes. 

"There isn't much hope for him, take care of yourself." and he walks away. 

There isn't much hope?! What do they mean there Isn't much hope?!?!

They're lying to him, of course there's hope, it's Wilbur! It's his big brother Wilby!

Tommy rushed forwards, making his way towards the large gathering of people. 

His breath caught in his throat as he caught sight of the stretcher. 

Lying there, surrounded by paramedics, looking half dead.... was Wilbur. His big brother Wilby. 

Tommy pushes his way through the group of paramedics, and one catches his arm. 

"Kid, he's going in the ambulance now, you gotta stand back."

"No," Tommy sobs, trying to wrestle his arm free, "I gotta go with him, gotta go with Wilby."

The paramedic sighs, looking sorry for him, "Are you family?" He asks gently. 

"Yes!" Tommy cries, "I'm his brother!" 

The paramedic lets go of his arm, and motions for him to follow as Wilbur is carried into the ambulance. 

And Tommy follows. 

"Toms?" Wilbur's voice echoes quietly, somehow still audible amongst the sirens and talking. 

"Wilbur!" Tommy sobs, kneeling beside him immediately.

"Y' ... you're here... you're alive..." Wilbur says quietly, as if in a daze. 

"Yeah," Tommy chokes, "Yeah I'm here, just hold on we're almost at the hospital-" 

"Toms," Wilbur says, firmly, looking at Tommy with a gaze filled with love and regret. A gaze filled with sorrow.

"You just gotta hold on a little more, and then-" 

"Tommy." Wilbur says, firmer again, catching Tommy's attention, "Look at me." 

Tommy meets Wilbur's eyes, letting out a quiet hiccup. 

"I'm sorry," He whispers. 

"It's okay Toms," Wilbur says, gently, "It's okay, I love you, it's okay," 

"I'm sorry I should have-" 

"Tommy it's alright, I'm sorry I destroyed your home," 

"B- but you didn't know-" 

"I knew it mattered to you." Wilbur says firmly. "But it doesn't matter now." He pauses, "Tommy promise you'll stay with Techno and Phil? They care for you, I promise you they really do,"

"What about you?" Tommy chokes, looking at Wilbur with desperation in his eyes, "When you're better and out of hospital-"

"Toms. That won't happen," Wilbur says, quietly, coughing slightly as he does, and Tommy can see his eyes drooping, so close to closing, "But it's okay. I love you Toms, and I always will. But you gotta let me go," 

"No Wilby please don't go," Tommy sobs, grasping Wilbur's hand tightly. 

"I heard there was a special place," Wilbur starts to sing, quietly, his melodic voice bringing back so many happy memories. Memories which might soon be his only reminder of his big brother. 

"Where men could go and emancipate," 

Tommy joins in now, singing through half held back sobs, "The brutality, and tyranny, of their rulers," 

Wilbur squeezes Tommy's hand, an unspoken sign telling him to keep going, to keep trying, telling him not to give up. 

"Well this place is real, you needn't fret," Tommy whispers, his voice catching in his throat. 

Where Tommy can't keep going, Wilbur continues, "With Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo," 

"Fuck Eret," Tommy whispers with a slight chuckle. 

"It's a very real, and not blown up, L'manberg," They both sing, more of a whisper if anything, both hearts breaking, but trying to stay strong. 

"My l'manberg," Tommy feels a tear roll down his cheek, but he tries to stay strong, for Wilbur.

"My l'manberg," Wilbur smiles at Tommy gently. He can feel himself dying, but he tries to stay awake, for Tommy. 

"My l'manberg," Tommy sees Wilbur's eyelids start to droop. "Please stay awake Wil," he whispers.

"I love you Toms," Wilbur whispers back, before his hand goes limp. 

Tommy is pushed aside as paramedics rush forwards, trying to get Wilbur's heart pumping again, but with no luck. 

And, tears rolling down his face, heart in pieces, Tommy sings the last line alone,

"My l'manberg," 

Thats the end, I hope you all enjoyed, sorry it took me so long to finish i forgot it existed lmao

nice angsty ending for you all but I hope you liked it :)