005 | Burn baby burn

(Now)
After a few more questions April went back to the room Carl was in. He wasn't awake so she just sat with him.

Hershel came in and out checking his pulse and other medical things. April got up and left the room, she walked around the house then walked back to the living room. Again the whole group was sitting there so she joined them.

Everyone stopped talking as she walked in. April could tell something was wrong. "Hershel said after Carls better we have to go" Daryl spoke. April didn't show it but she was mad.

April stormed outside and started on the steps leading up to the house. She began to cry. As she was crying a man walked out, "A-April?" She wiped the tears and turned around.

"Yeah?" He could obviously tell she had been crying.
"What's wrong kid?" The man sat next to her and placed a hand on April's shoulder. She shrugged it off.

"Where are we gonna go?" Her voice was breaking, "I don't know kid, but we'll figure it out. I know we just met but we're a good group, strong, you may not trust us, we'll still keep you safe" Just like that he stood up and walked back inside.

April sat there thinking about his words. Should she trust them? Her one rule was don't trust anyone. April shook off all her thoughts and went into the farm house.

She then again sat with Carl and read him a comic she had memorized. He didn't look like he was waking up any time soon.

More days passed Carl still wasn't waking up. She had been introduced to Hershel's daughter Maggie and Maggie's half-sister Beth. They seemed nice Beth more then Maggie. She would smile at April occasionally and wave. Though they never had a full conversation.

"April!" Rick called for her from inside, thinking something had happened to Carl she rushed inside. To her surprise Carl was sitting up in bed.

"Oh my god, oh my god!" April rushed to his side and sat down on the edge of his bed. Even though they hadn't known each other long after loosing so many people in her life, she was relieved to see Carl was okay.

But it didn't look like he was, Carl was red and there seemed to be blood around him mouth. Hershel pulled April out of the room.

"April he's not okay, we gotta get the bullet out of him"
"But you don't have any surgical supplies? Right?"
"No I don't but there's a school with a ambulance that crashed into it not far from here, I'm thinking of sending some people out to look for supplies"
"I'll go-" Hershel cut April off.
"We'll all talk about it later" Just like that he walked away and left April with her thoughts.

Later that night everyone sat around the living room, Hershel proposed his idea. The man who shot Carl volunteered so did Shane, April wanted to go but everyone voted no.

Shane and the man left for the school. Meanwhile everyone stayed back.

All of the next day April stayed with Carl, he had been crying with pain so sometimes she had to step out.

Later that night Shane and The stranger hadn't returned until someone came stumbling in the door. April was sitting minding her business when Shane came in all bloody. The worst part was the man who left with him wasn't there.

"Rick!" He called with his thick accent. Rick walked into the room. "What happened Shane?"  Shane explained what happened to him and the stranger while they were out.

He had gotten the surgical supplies but they got cornered by zombies. Otis sacrificed himself so Shane could escape.

Hershel got started on the surgery, everyone was told to go outside. Since they didn't have anything to put Carl to sleep his screams could be heard from across the property.
__________________________________
Okay short because there's gonna be a time skip for the next chapter

Pls vote for another one and don't be a silent reader
XX