Stradivarius

(a/n): season 9 episode 6 didn't have much to do with the story so I moved on to episode 7. I know not all events in the episode are present but I'm mostly just following our main characters, anyway hope you enjoy

*Flashback (3 years ago)*

Daryl is walking down the riverside wearing his poncho and holding a spear carved from an oak Branch with his Crossbow hanging around his back. He walks down the river, lost in his thoughts. He then hears a branch snap. He tightens his grip on his spear and spins around. It was Alex

Daryl: Anything?

Alex: nope

Daryl: we're running out of food and this fucking river ain't got no fucking fish.

Daryl yells out angrily swinging his arm in frustration. Alex expresses his concern.

Alex: I could head back to Alexandria restock on supplies.

Daryl swings his arm in objection.

Daryl: we don't need their charity. We'll manage like we always have

Alex: look Daryl, I think it's time we start to consider the fact that My dad is gone.

Daryl: your gonna give up huh. On your old man after everything he did for your ass!

Daryl is now face to face with Alex.

Daryl: you don't give up on family.

Alex: take your own advice and realize that theirs people who need you back at Alexandria.

Daryl: who huh? Tell me who could possibly be their for me.

Alex remains silent. Daryl pushes Alex back abit.

Daryl: if you want to give up that's fine.

Alex: Daryl this isn't about that. We've lost people that's something we have to get used too. He was my dad for Christ sake. You think that i would give up if I knew there was hope in finding a sign that he's alive. You think that I would't try to find his body. I have, for the last fucking three years we've been out here living in a river of denial and our own fucking tears!

Daryl: Shut the fuck up

Daryl pushes Alex to ground. Alex grabs luccille and hits him in the gut. Daryl gets knocked back. Daryl realizes what he did. He tries to apologize.

Daryl: kid I'm sorry... I didn't mean-

Alex cuts him off. He grabs his bag.

Alex: tell it to the frogs, I'm going back home

Daryl watches as Alex walks through the forest out of sight. Daryl gets mad and stabs his spear into the ground and sits down on the river bank and begins to cry.

*Present day*

Daryl wakes up from his dream. Sun seeps through the tent. He walks past Blake's tent and grabs his spear and puts his poncho on and walks over to the river to fish. He stabs into the water catching two fish in one strike. A walker rises up from the river and he snaps his spear in two and stabs it in the stomach before stabbing its head. Daryl decides to go back to camp with the fish, he then hears a walker and grabs his knife. He tries to find it only to see a walker with it's arm trapped in a tree due to the fact the tree grew around it. A bird lands on the walker and flys away and Daryl follows it. He watches the bird at its nest he walks away and goes back to his camp.

*Elsewhere*

Carol and her son Henry ride on a horseback carriage headed. He had felt guilty about his statement from the previous night.