Meet Me Where We Met

Wednesday, 11:37 p.m.

Rei picks up an envelope left on his study desk, who could leave a note here at this time of the day? He opens the note hoping to find who left it but only finds a sentence left for him. It read;

"Meet me at the bar when midnight strikes"

"The bar..?" Rei mutters to himself. "What bar though?" He stares at the message trying to recollect where the writer is talking about.

After a minute or two, he finally remembers, "Ah, that bar.." Rei smiles to himself as it comes across his mind. He puts down the note and heads to his closet and picks his coat and beanie for later. Then goes to the bathroom to clean himself up from the mission earlier.

~~~~~
Rei slips his coat, a brown fluffy one gifted by Leo. Then, a pair of cat socks covered by boots to hide them. He ties his hair and puts on his beige beanie. "Alright, I'm ready to go!"

He opens his window and slides down the exterior wall where he's greeted by a shimmery sky filled with stars. He continues his path to the secluded valley behind the agency where he always hangs around.

~~~~~
"Rei! I'm glad you could make it" a glad voice comes from the corner of the bar, Itai.

"You could've atleast made the letter less mind-breaking.." Rei remarks. From across the bar sits Leo and a sleeping Haruki.

"If only you'd come more earlier then maybe Haruki wouldn't have fallen asleep from all the waiting" Leo sarcastically states. "The note said midnight so I come at that time" Rei replies back.

"Whyd you put it to midnight?"

"11p.m is too early so I didn't bother," Itai remarks

"I hope you know that 12 p.m. is too late for a child."

"Dont worry, if Haruki's too tired then we can just send him home and party by ourselves."

"Guess so." Leo nods

"What're we celebrating for again?" Rei stupidly asks. At the same time, Haruki wakes up to the sound of the adults blabbering on.

"You guys are drunk already?" All eyes turn to Haruki at his sudden question. "No but Shiba got a head start", Leo mocks

"Shut up, Leo." Itai shushes him, Leo just rolls his eyes.

"So, back to your question, Rei. Ya don't remember what the event is today?". Rei shakes his head to reply "nope" and everyone in the room except Rei has the expression of: "oh my goodness.."

"C'mon it's our-" "Let him guess, Leo" Itai shushes him again, Leo gets even more frustrated with his stupid games.

"It's our favourite event, Rei. The 5th of December :))" Itai pushes Rei to guess the event they're planning to celebrate. "Hmmmm..." Rei tries his best to guess but he doesn't notice it might take a while.

...

"It's our fucking anniversary" Leo spits out.

"What kind of anniversary? Oh, is it our dating anniversary? Is that why you're so grumpy today?"

Leo pinches the bridge of his nose in disappointment. Why oh why is Rei so bad in guessing games? Screw Shiba for this.

"C'mon there's many anniversaries out there- wedding anniversaries, birthday parties, business ones and don't forget about friendsh-"

"That one. That's the one you were supposed to guess," Leo cuts Rei off sounding even more frustrated this time.

"Can't we just carry on already? I think it's in the middle of the night.." Haruki barges in trying to calm Leo down.

"While waiting for Rei to guess, I made us some drinks. Well, specifically me and Haruki since I don't know what the other two of you want," Itai chimes in lightening up the mood a bit.

"I guess I'll take tea. Can't go to work all grouchy, I'd get a scolding from Twenty" Leo responds.

"Whatever Haruki is taking. Reason's the same as Leo's" Rei answers.

"Alright then, tea and carrot juice coming up!"

"CARROT JUICE?!"

"That's what Haru asked for and you'd take whatever he ordered, right-?"

"Guess we have a very healthy person here, don't we?" Leo teases Haruki.

"I don't wanna hear another useless word out of your mouth," Haruki mocks back.

"Alright, alright. Quit fighting," Rei calls out, picking up his glass of carrot juice. "Let's toast!"

"Hehe, alright then," Shiba lifts his glass as the others follow in unison.

"Cheers to our 6 year friendship," Haruki states.

"6 years?! Woah that's long!" Rei looks over at Haruki, surprised with the span. "Well, let's celebrate today and hope that our journey will continue on!" Shiba declares.

"Until we die?"

"Until we all die!"

"Alright, cheers!" Leo declares.

"CHEERS!" They clinck their glasses together and toasted happily.

🫶🏼