Cheers To This Christmas

Yuki steps out into the balcony where no one is at the moment.

"Finally some space," he mutters as he puts his glasses on top of his head and leans against the railing. He sighs and spots the stars twinkling above.

"..hm, I still remember those lights." He whispers to himself, helping himself to a smile thinking about the memory.

The disco lights flicker on as the door opens for another person, "ah, Yuki?"

A familiar voice asks, making Yuki turn his head to see the same blond man he always knew.

"Nathan.. you came?" He stands facing the Brit with a puzzled look.

"I just arrived here with my gang, am I late?"

Yuki shakes his head and grins at the sight, "nope, party just started and it's getting crazy in there."

"I can tell-" Nathan chuckles at the comment- "your roomie just landed a punch on our Commander."

"He what-?"

"Don't worry 'bout it though, he's a strong guy." After finishing the sentence, shattering glass echoes throughout the house.

"...that's not good, should we take a peak in?"

"Ah, don't mind it! Let's be oblivious for the night, I know they've got it under control." Nathan pats Yuki's back and turns to face the starry sky.

"I wonder if he's here."
"Who's here?"

"Ryuu," Nathan takes a look around and chuckles, "I bet he's probably making another sinister plan to destroy us."

"You think so?" Yuki fixes his gaze and Nathan nods.

"Who knows what he could be doing," he starts again, "he might even blow up this place at a time like this.

Laughing and confetti poppers follow closely with Yuki's sentence, before the sliding doors open violently and a glitter-covered, out of breath man stands between the doors, doubling over.

"I told you, look, his experiment probably failed," Yuki points at the tired guy and he pulls his finger, "owww."

"I regret coming all the way here just for the food, I can't even eat anything!" He whines, walking next to Nathan and leaning over.

"Now, now-" Nathan pats his back, "don't be so grouchy, this is a party.. a very loud one to be exact."

"The second I came in that door, they were chanting some satanic ritual in my face."

"They were probably trying to summon a demon to eat you or somethin," Yuki adds, leaning next to him.

"Cheer up Ryuu, atleast you found your way to the balcony," Nathan lightly punches his shoulder, continuing to admire the stars.

Ryuu does the same as he grins at the thought, "looks just like the ones we saw, doesn't it?"

"It does.." Yuki's eyes twinkled with the light shining down upon them with awe that under the same starry sky, the same memory repeats itself.

"I really wish we can go on the roof to get a nicer view," Nathan steps back and watches from a sitting position instead.

"We can, I saw a staircase leading to the roof," Ryuu takes a few steps back and reaches for the door.

"Let's go then, I wanna see this in a better view too," Yuki follows after Ryuu with Nathan tailing him from behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think it was here," Ryuu opens the door that sits on the top of the staircase, leading the three of them into a wide area with the sky as a ceiling.

"Woah.. it brings back the same memory that's been playing in my head for the longest time," Yuki comments as he steps through the door.

"...I like these stars," Nathan whispers with delight, searching for somewhere to lean.

They all lean on the railing, Yuki sitting down on it instead, as they  fixate their view to the shimmery stars in the sky. Ryuu's frown lifted into a soft smile as he enjoys the moment of silence and admiration.

"We should do this again, once in awhile. Reliving a childhood memory is refreshing," Nathan hops onto the rails and sits cross legged with Ryuu standing next to him.

"It sort of relieves my loneliness back at the agency.." Yuki comments, swinging back and forth with the wind following him.

"Yoohoo!!!"

A voice comes from behind all three of them, catching them off-guard.

"Are you three going to watch the sky like it's a movie, or..?"

At the sight of the very person who called them, they all sighed and lowered their heads in disappointment. It was the party planner himself, Akito.

"Yuki! There you are, we've been looking for you!"

"And why's that?" He mumbles, turning his back on Akito.

"We're about to cut the cake, so I'm gathering everyone for a pic."

"I'm in!" Nathan slips down the railing in an ecstatic pace, walking past Aki.

"Count me out, I don't need another biblical ritual," Ryuu groans.

"You two need to come, I cant spend my whole day trying to convince you over a photo. It'll only take awhile, I swear." Akito adds.

"...fine," they both groan in sync.

"Alright, we're all in!" Nathan pulls the both of them and drags them down the stairs with Akito following behind.

"Merry Christmas by the way, and thanks for finding the time to come over!" Akito walks next to Nathan with a smile, with the other two being tugged by them.

"It was no problem, I had to come since I had nothing to do." He replies as they finally reach the living room where everybody was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ after the cake.

"Everyone get ready, I'm about to snap this camera," Kuro shouts as everybody shuffles and panics around.

"Alright, I think this should do."

He clicks the camera and runs to his spot before a bright flash covers their vision, making a person or two trip and others affected by falling like dominoes.

"HAHAHAH!! I WAS TOO STRONG THAT EVEN THIS CHAIR COULDN'T HANDLE ME!" Kazuki shouts after the flashbang ended.

"Welp, that's the end of our Christmas partying, Merry Christmas by the way!" Rei declares as he lifts Haruki up and all the lights dim out.

"Now that's another problem I've to fix.." Akito mumbles in the dark, ending the celebration once and for all.

MERRY HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!
(yes ik it's 26th but who cares?? It's only a day after the real date)