18. I NEED TO TALK TO HER

CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN: I NEED TO TALK TO HER

"Believe that every villain can be a hero"

---

The Handler was in her main office again. She was now the boss of The Commission.

She let out a chuckled as she put AJ down in a fishbowl filled with water where some blue and yellow stones was laying on the bottom of the fishbowl.

"Hmm" she said as she crouched down to look at the fishbowl that was standing by her desk.

"How dare you!" AJ muted "Look at you" The Handler said with a smile "I'll get you for this" AJ said and The Handler tap her finger on the glass as AJ started shouting indistinctly.

"Back to work. And don't worry about that parking spot. It won't go to waste" The Handler said before she started cackling as she tap her finger at the glass "No!" AJ shouted "Do I really have to be here?" Lila asked as she was standing, leaning against the wall by the window.

"Oh, Lila, darling, no, I need your opinion" The Handler said as she got up "These are all so good, I can't decide" she said as she pick up two posters with two different security uniforms on "What do you think of these new security uniforms?" she asked as she showed them to Lila "Too pansy-ass?" The Handler asked as she looked at one of the posters before looking at the other "Hmm...I am a sucker for a beret, though" she said before she showed the two to Lila who just rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on, this is my big day. Don't yuck my yum with your bad mood" The Handler said and Lila looked down at that bracelet she and Diego made in the asylums together.

"And stop twisting that tacky little bracelet like a sulky schoolgirl" The Handler said as she put down the posters on the desk "We have achieved our dream" she said with her arms out to the side "Your dream" Lila said, looking at her "Hey" The Handler said before she opened a draw by the desk, taking something out.

"Here" she said as she stretched a small box towards Lila and Lila walked towards her "What is it?" she asked as she took the box from her "Well, it was meant to be a surprise, but your terrible attitude's ruined that" The Handler said as she sat down on her chair.

Lila opened the box to see a golden badge with the words 'HEAD OF SECURITY' on it.

"Head of security?" Lila asked as she looked at The Handler "You're always asking about more trust, responsibility. Well, there it is" The Handler said "Really?" Lila asked "Really. If you want it" The Handler said as she put a cigarette in her mouth while Lila let out a softly scoffs.

"Yeah, I want it, but, um...I wanna do it my own way. Yeah, I wanna make my own decisions, you know, pick my own team" Lila said "Why not? You've earned it" The Handler said and Lila smiled before she looked back at the badge.