❛ 第六章 ❜

(ง•̀ᗝ•́)ง
⏤ ⏤ ✎  .ೃ    not much convincing .

(NAME) HAD A big cheeky smile on her face. the reason for it? she had managed to (very easily) convince a certain moss-haired swordsman to guide her down the stairs. with a hand under his arm and another lifting up her dress so she doesn't slip, (name) gracefully walks down the stairs with zoro.

the swordsman looked annoyed, but (name) knew he liked it deep down. he just doesn't want to show it!

hayato was the first one to notice them. his previously joyous state, after trying out a few appetizers with usopp and luffy, turned annoyed when he saw the two of them. he looked unimpressed the very least.

"trying to rub it in everyone's faces, huh?" he snarkily commented, as he continued munching on the snack in an annoyed manner.

"looking good, aye (name)? walking down with your prince charming!" usopp teased when he finally saw the two of them.

(name) let out a small chuckle at his teasing as she let go of zoro's arm. "well, thank you, my love. you can go and have fun on your own now!" she patted zoro's cheek teasingly before skipping over to hayato to try out some treats he saved for her.

zoro had a surprised look on his face. his cheeks had turned slightly red at her nickname and action which quickly faded as he went a different direction to try out some drinks.

the archer scanned the holding area as she munched on some appetizers, taking note of the dim lighting that set the mood. her eyes suddenly caught sight of the.. being? nami was talking to, assuming he was wearing a costume for the event. (name) eventually turned away, not wanting to seem rude for staring.

soon enough, the highlight of the dinner made her appearance. kaya wore a polka-dot dress, in a color (name) couldn't exactly pinpoint on due to the lighting. she watched as kaya switched from being guided down the stairs by klahadore, then to the sheep-man nami was previously talking to.

kaya then turned away after talking to nami and spotted (name). she looked delighted to see the archer's dress. "(name), the dress really compliments your hair color. it goes really well with it."

"i— thank you, kaya! i love yours too, you look really pretty." (name) replied with a smile, feeling giddy that the birthday girl complimented her.

just as kaya was about to continue the conversation with (name), the sheep-man interrupted, muttering words such as matters concerning the transfer of ownership of the shipyard. business stuff.

klahadore quickly interjected after a brief confrontation with zoro. "merry, dear friend, it's always business with you."

"tonight, is about celebration. shall we all move to the dining room?" klahadore offered, using dinner as a distraction to divert the conversation away.

THE GROUP WAS led to the dining hall. merry the sheep-man was seated at the end of the table. to his left was zoro, (name) and usopp. to his right was luffy, nami and hayato. sitting directly across merry was kaya.

the feast started immediately after they were seated, so (name) got food that looked appetising enough to eat. she was a picky eater in a way, she had the habit of judging food by how they looked.