Work work work 📈

A few days have past since we moved into our little cottage. I love it here, the peace and quite. It's small but it suits me down to the ground. I still haven't found a job but Sarah has. She got a job in one of the book stores she applied for, she's happy and that's all that matters.

I pulled out my phone to browse the job sites another time I need to find work. I see there is a new opening for a secretary at Carson Inc. I scrolled through all the requirements and to my surprise I have them all. I applied for the job and put my phone down hoping this would have a positive outcome.
My parents are on my ass about work so I need to get something to keep them away.

Days later my phone rang "Hello?"
"Hi is this Aria West?"
"Yes this is her who am I speaking to?"
"Hi Aria my name is Jessie, I'm calling from Carson Inc in regards to your job application. You seem to fit all of the requirements we are searching for, could you come in for an interview on Thursday morning at 9am?"
"Yes absolutely thank you so much"
"No problem Ms.West, but please don't be late Mr.Carson takes punctuality very seriously".

I'm so happy hopefully this job interview goes well. I run to my closet to try pick out clothes for Thursday that are appropriate. Nothing in here screams please hire me, I laugh to myself. I will have to go out and buy something new. I get in my car and drive down town, I see a little boutique that looks nice so I go in there. The clothes are very pretty and respectable. I try on a few pieces but decide on an all black figure hugging dress that stops just above my knees. It enhances my curves. Once finished I headed back home.

Sarah is at home by the time I get there I can't wait to tell her about the job interview.
"Hey guess what" I say exited.
"What?"
"I have a job interview on Thursday morning at Carson Inc for the secretary position"
"Aria that's amazing I'm so happy for you, anyone who does not give you the job is a fool" she embraces me for a hug.
"Thanks Sarah, I'm nervous I've never had a job interview before the last time it was my dads company".
"You'll do amazing Aria I have no doubt".

We finished up talking over dinner and headed to bed. The next morning I woke up and had plans to visit my Aunt. She keeps calling my phone and leaving me messages about her wedding and she needs help. So to try and stop the pestering I'm going to visit her. I got to my aunts house and walked in the front door.

"Hey Celia, how are you?"
"Aria dear, I'm so happy to see you I've missed you, did you get all my calls and messages?"
"Yes Celia I did but I was just so busy I haven't got a chance to call back im sorry but I'm here now"
"That's alright Dear I need some help with the wedding planning"
"Of course I'll help, I'm still to meet this man your marrying"
"You will meet him in due course don't worry"

We sit and talk for a couple of hours and discuss different ideas for the wedding. Celia is like a mother to me, she always gave me the love I craved as a child. She had no kids of her own I always thought she would make a wonderful mother.

She would always bring me away for weekends and sleepovers at her house. She knew my mother did not give me the attention I needed so she stood up and took her place. I love Celia like I would a mother, I feel so close to her and when I'm around her I'm home.

She met a man 2 years ago and I still have not met him, he treats her extremely well. From what I hear he's quite high up on the business ladder. Good for her I'm glad she's found someone to treasure her.
She got engaged 1 year ago, she has told me very little about this man. Only that he has his own company and is retired and he also has no kids only a nephew.

Just as I was about to leave a man walked through the front door. He was tall with dark eyes.

"Aria this is Jacob, Jacob this is Aria my Niece"
"Hi Jacob it's a pleasure to finally meet the man who's holding down my aunt"
"Hi Aria likewise I've heard so much, she never stops talking about you"
"Oh I'm sure a lot of people are telling me lately"
"So Aria what do you do for work?"
"Im currently unemployed, I have an interview tomorrow so all going well that will change"
"Very well, where's the interview?"
"It's at Carson Inc, for the secretary position"

The room goes quite and I'm not sure why, I look to my aunt and she's looking at Jacob. I look back to Jacob and he's smiling from ear to ear.

"Did I miss something? What's going on?"
"Aria that's my company I retired earlier this year my nephew has taken over from me"
"Oh I didn't know, that's great I've heard good things about it"
"I can put in a good word before tomorrow don't stress to much I'm sure you will get it"
"Please don't I understand your trying to help me but I want to earn the job and not get it because someone put in a good word, I really appreciate it"

Jacob nods at me "Very well Aria, I'm sure you will get it with or without my word best of luck. I hope to see you soon"
I said my goodbyes to them both. The day has passed and I have to head home to get ready for the interview tomorrow. I drive home quickly and jump straight into the shower and go to sleep I have to be up early.