FOUR

BUCHANAN'S POV

BUCHANAN'S POV

We haven't reached our destination yet that we can already hear the music pounding. Tony Stark's mansion can be seen from miles away. It's big, tacky, and stinks of dirty money.

We find a spot to park Steve's truck and I watch him check his own breath on the driver's seat. Then he looks at me and says, "Ready?"

"I'm the one who should ask you that," I chuckle. "You sure you okay, pal?"

"Fuckin' nervous, man. Lena's special, ya know?"

She's so special that you've decided to fuck her for the first time at a fucking party. So romantic, Stevie.

"Yeah, I know," I answer instead.

"C'mon. Let's go," Steve hops out the car and starts walking toward the large front door.

"Hey," I call. "Don't forget that," I say as I throw him a couple of condoms that were loaded in the glovebox of his truck, and I discreetly tuck one in the back pocket of my jeans.

I took my size, after all. It's only fair that I take some for me and my little ray of sunshine, right?

Steve and I, with the bottle of whiskey I bought earlier in hand, finally walk to the front door that is already ajar so we simply let ourselves in. We elbow our way inside until we see who I think is our host and his pack.

"Hey, bro. What's up?" he exclaims over the loud music in our direction.

Steve and him do some handshake and then he pulls me into a patting hug and he better let go of me soon or I'll do something about those fucking hands. They would look good in a box, wouldn't they? But then he releases me and I fake a smile when the only thing I want to do is punch his prideful face.

C'mon, Buck. Calm down.

"Guys, this is Buchanan," Steve announces. "Be nice with him, okay?"

"Tony, the prince of Emerald City," the fucker introduces himself to me and spins on himself in emphasize.

Oh, right. The shitty heir of that shitty town. The guy I might cut off his hands later. Good to know.

"No less," I say, quite unimpressed.

"Hey, man. I'm Sam. Nice to meet you."

I nod.

"Jam -" I start to say but I correct myself at the last second. Fucking idiot. "Buchanan. Nice to meet you too."

"C'mon. Let's get us something to drink," Steve tells me and I follow him. He takes two red cups and pours two fingers of the whisky we brought. "You spotted her?" he asks me as he grabs the bottle of Coke and starts filling the rest of our cups.

"No," I reply, glancing again at the crowded room. I know exactly who he's talking about because I looked for her the moment we walked in too, and I still haven't seen her.