Sunday

a/n last part ready or not

## Sunday
Scene 1
[3PM. Louis' room. Louis lies on his bed and stares at the ceiling.]

LOUIS: "Fuck." (Closes his eyes.) "Fuck, fuck, fuck-fuck-fuck... Okay, Louis. You are Elle Woods. You can do this." (Opens his eyes, takes a long, deep breath in, then exhales.)

Scene 2
[Louis searches the house until he finds Luke playing video games.]

LOUIS: "Pack your shit."

LUKE: "What—"

LOUIS: "Pack your shit up from my room and get out. You don't live here—I don't want you to live here. And I don't want to date you. I'm breaking up with you."

LUKE: (Gets up, reaches to hold Louis) "Baby, come on, this is silly."

LOUIS: (Pushes his hands away) "No, get away from me and get the fuck out."

LUKE: "Babe..."

LOUIS: "Don't babe me, Luke. We're not there anymore. I don't even think we ever were."

DAVID: (Walking in) "What's this I hear about a break-up?" (Eyebrows raised) "Louis, the elections are coming up. You can't do this now. Just wait a month, two tops. The Vanderbelds have a lovely son who just came out of the–"

LOUIS: "Stop! Just... stop." (David gapes, it's quiet) "Look, dad," (pause, David looks at him questioningly, eyebrow raised) "Luke drove the Porsche and crashed it."

DAVID: (Eyes bulging) "WHAT?"

LOUIS: "It's okay, it's fine, I got it fixed. Harry fixed it up, bu—"

DAVID: "That greasy punk? Son, you've got no business hanging around kids like that."

LOUIS: "No, stop—That's what I'm trying to tell you. You can't dictate my entire life to me. I'll do what I want—I'll pick my own college, I'll date who I want, I'll be friends with people who actually like me... and while we're at it, I'm majoring in Psychology at college, because I like learning about how people work. I like learning why a guy would watch Ben Ten or be weirdly obsessed with Math. And I simply like that fuckin' major, too. And I've said this politely and respectfully in the past but honestly, Poli Sci can take a goddamn hike. Capisce?"

DAVID: (Eyes wide.) "Where is this coming from? Was it that boy? Did he fill your head with all these nonsensical notions?"

LOUIS: "No, dad, it came from me. That was the most me thing I've said in my entire life." (Louis turns to walk out, stops near the door) "Also, Luke, if you aren't gone by the time I'm back, I'll leak your nudes. I'm not joking." (Looks at David) "I'm sure the voters would just eat that up."

DAVID: "You're blackmailing me? My own son?"

LOUIS: "I'm not. I'm saying treat my decisions with respect, and in turn I'll respect you. I'm not a moron. I'm not just your son. I'm Elle Woods. And I'm Louis." (Turns to Luke) "And I like talking, and communicating, and kissing without purpose, and feeling good about myself when I'm with someone. You make me miserable, Luke, so please, I want you to let us go. Because I did a long time ago." (Louis walks out, leaving Luke and David to ponder in silence)

LUKE: "Well," (scratching his neck) "Guess I'm out. It's been real, Mister T."

DAVID: "Shut up, Luke."

Scene 3
[Scene opens with Harry tightening bolts in an engine at Tony's. Hears footsteps, look up, sees Louis.]

LOUIS: "I did it. I told him." (Smiling wide) "I did it, Harry."