7

The next day, classes began. Y/n awoke to a coffee and some breakfast on her nightstand and a note,

Good morning,

First day of school and a little tradition to bring back. Meet me downstairs when you're ready to go.

I love you.

Jake

She smiled softly as she took a sip of the still warm drink and began getting ready for the day.

Once she made her way out to the main room she was met with Jake standing by the door, his notebook in his hands and her tote bag with her own supplies over his shoulder. She laughed a bit, shaking her head lightly at him before walking around the table to meet him and Jake immediately wrapped his hand around hers. His thumb traced soft circles on top of her hand and his fingers laced through hers with ease and confidence that she hadn't seen him use on her in years. She felt safe in his presence and the feeling made her smile again. They walked out into the crisp early morning air together.

"Walking me to class?" She asked hesitantly.

Jake looked down at her curiously, "Yeah? We had so many traditions in school, but this one was always your favorite...so I figured it was a good first step to making sure we're okay."

She nodded slowly, not looking up at him and feeling herself flushing slightly from embarrassment. Her heart warmed at the thought and she couldn't help smiling shyly up at him. Jake used to think these little traditions were stupid but going so long without them, he realized just how special they were.

"Also I have dinner reservations for us tonight. If you want to go that is." Jake smiles, stopping in front if the building for her first class.

"I think it'll be fun." Y/n smiles before she gets an idea and steps closer to him. "Maybe we can save desert for back at the baseball houses in my room." She says with a wink and Jake groans.

"Darling, I'm trying to be romantic."

"And I'm trying to show my fiancée a good time. Are you in or are you out?" She flashes a very similar smirk to that of Jake's own.

"Screw dinner! After class, your all mine." Jake pulls y/n forward into a kiss. Its different than before. There's more passion behind the heat of the kiss. But there also seems a bit more desperation as well. It takes every ounce of restraint in y/n not to push further. When they pull away from each other, he lets their foreheads rest against each other's. Y/n feels her cheeks flush.

"You oughta get to class." Jake sighs.

"Yeah. See you after?"

"I'll be here." Jake smiles as Y/n backs away. "Go be my super smart Foxy Mama and I'll reward you later."

"How about you go actually attend and I'll rewadd you?" Y/n laughs.

He grins, "Alright. You better come prepared to pay for it, darling." Y/n winks before running into the building leaving Jake outside, smiling like a little kid in a candy store.

Thats his girl. All his and he almost ruined it cause he was an idiot. But now, now they are together, full time. No secrets, no other person.

Just them. Them and the wedding they now have to plan. Jake walks away groaning, knowing that the wedding planning is going to be a whole new test of their relationship.