Spin Off Story!

Did you love The Ricin Queen? Did you think it was too short? Do you crave more?

Well, if your answer is 'yes' to any of these questions, I have news for you!

I am pitching Wattpad's Paid Stories program a story, and it's a spin-off of this short story!

It follows the child of General Koreina, who Mauvin adopted after the General's death, and a witch from beyond the rice patties who calls the woodlands her home.

Still curious? Read the extended blurb below:

Witch Esmerey and Queen Keres of Lasavria are not in love with each other. The problem is, both think the other is, and are awkwardly attempting to let the other down slowly. Each thinks the other is too kind. They take each other out on dates from guilt, knowing that eventually, the truth must come to light.

Esmerey has been working at the palace for some time now, and her queen appears clueless to the unavoidable cost of magic. It is akin to a drug, and it deteriorates a witch's body further and further with each use. The witch, like the others of her kind, is dying from the work she does for the kingdom, and she is searching for a cure, rumoured to require the sacrifice of true love. Esmerey knows that the sacrifice of the queen won't suffice, as Esmerey doesn't love her. To free herself from the queen's love, she plans to set the queen up with her colleague... in hopes that something will spark between the two of them. But she is not the only one looking for someone to play 'lover'.

Queen Keres acquired the throne because they were adopted into the ruling family, but years later, having completed her transition with the help of her witch, she faces unrest from traditionalist citizens who want a male ruler of royal blood. But Keres is competent and cunning. She knows that rumours have been circling about her relationship with the witch she's employed. So, she pays someone to kill Esmerey and, therefore, kill the rumours, whilst hunting for a suitable partner for herself.

Should the assassin fail... will the pair ever realize that they need each other for their plots to come to fruition?

-------- ≪ °♛° ≫ --------

Look out for Mutually Murderous on Wattpad in the months to come!