T W O

••••ꕥ••••

••••ꕥ••••

Commotion rose, almost immediately. How couldn't it? This had never happened before! The king has always given us three days with our families before leaving for the palace.

Something isn't right. Only three workers and a maiden?! And what about the urgent need for us to be there so soon?! Doesn't add up.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I almost didn't hear them start the lottery again and I almost didn't expect my world to stop as they said the name I dreaded to hear.

"Kim Haneul".

I froze. Right in place, like a shock to my system. This can't happen. No, I hate the castle. God knows what will happen there.

I had to calm myself somehow. It's fine. It'll be fine. It's just for a year!

...if I come back out alive, that is.

I rushed to check the huge clock in the middle of the town.

What time is it? Oh no. It's 10:45. I don't have much time, it's almost noon!

I rush to my family, hoping they won't notice the tears falling down my face.

༺•༻

As my family and I entered our home not many words were heard other than my mother's sobs.

I rushed to pack my things and went to sit with my family. We exchanged words of love and soon heard a knock at our door.

We all turned to look at each other and sadness filled the room.

We all said our final goodbyes and I walked past the palace men and to the two Carriages waiting outside. To my surprise, as I enter one of the carriages expecting to see the other three villagers chosen, I find it to be empty.

The journey to the palace was silent and long. We passed through a field, then up a hill through a long dark forest. Many things could be heard in the forest that I rather not stay long enough to find out about but it was the longest part of the journey. Soon after we had left the forest the castle was soon in sight.

The palace was absolutely beautiful. Not many people have seen the castle including myself it could only ever seen from afar if u lived on the hills. I have never seen anything so Magnificent in my eight and ten years.

My thoughts were cut off when the palace men opened the door and told me we had arrived.

As I stepped out I saw a line of servants standing at each end of the path, alongside the three chosen servants from the calling rushing to stand with the others. Seeing this I rushed to their side. All eyes looked my way in shock.

A palace man came towards me. "My lady please, follow me this way." I quietly oblige confused as to what I ought to do.

As we pass the main doors of the palace and enter I look up in awe. It's just as beautiful as the outside in fact even more so. Now only the three chosen, three palace men and one maid who introduced herself as the head maid, Mrs Kim all standing behind me.

Soon we stood in front of another tall door.

"The King and Princes are waiting inside"

As we enter one of the palaces men stands in front of me and announces me.

"Lady Kim Haneul and the chosen have arrived"

We all bow to Their Majestys. As His Highness was about to speak he was abruptly Interrupted by the loud slam of the throne doors.

 As His Highness was about to speak he was abruptly Interrupted  by the loud slam of the throne doors

••••ꕥ••••

ayy two chaps in one day hope u enjoyedd.
- L