trois

★ 。\|/。★

𝗜𝗙 𝗜 𝗖𝗔𝗡'𝗧 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗥

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖎𝖘:PERCY OFFENDS HEBE(WHO'S SURPRISED? NOT BELLE)

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖎𝖘:
PERCY OFFENDS HEBE
(WHO'S SURPRISED?
NOT BELLE)

★ 。/|\。★

QUESTS ALREADY WEREN'T easy. Belle soon learnt that they were even harder after a full day of school with the impending homework waiting for her later — and that was coming from someone who enjoyed school.

Grover brought them to Times Square without a second thought. Without a doubt, Times Square was the noisiest and most crowded part of Manhattan. Belle tried to avoid it, but her life didn't work like that, so she always seemed to find herself back there for some kind of Demigod business.

He stopped at a storefront that Belle wouldn't have noticed at all. For about half a block, all the windows were covered in foil — which usually meant that the place had gone out of business or was super shady. However, this time, it was neither of those, because when she looked up, there was a huge electronic sign above the entrance. Belle had probably walked past it before, but it was easy to get caught up in all of the jumbo screens.

"No way," Percy said.

Annabeth shook her head. "She really named her place Hebe Jeebies?"

Grover sighed. "Afraid so."

"And how did you know about this place?" Percy asked.

Grover's cheeks flushed a light shade of red. "They have great licorice ropes. You can't pass by without smelling them!"

Belle didn't really smell anything, but then again, she wasn't a Satyr. "So it's a candy store?"

"No, more like . . ." Grover tilted his head in thought. "Actually, it's easier to show you."

He then pushed open the door, and Belle walked in, only for her eyes to widen. Hebe Jeebies looked like all of the cheesiest entertainment centers that were everywhere in the nineties just combined to make . . . this. There were rows of Skee-Ball machines, platforms of Dance Dance Revolution, and a bunch of arcade games that lined the dimly lit warehouse, making it a glowing labyrinth. (And coming from someone who had actually been in the Labyrinth, Belle meant it.) There was a candy station in the distance with dispensers to fill bags and bins of colorful candy. On the other side was a cafeteria with picnic tables, surrounding a stage that robotic iguanas were playing instruments. There was a giant ball pit, a strange climbing structure, a bumper car course, and a ticket exchange station with oversized stuffed animals. It smelled of pizza, pretzels, and industrial cleaner. And despite it being such a hole in the wall, it was packed with families.