sept

★ 。\|/。★

𝗜𝗙 𝗜 𝗖𝗔𝗡'𝗧 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗥

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖕𝖙:A QUEST ON TOP OF A QUEST

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖕𝖙:
A QUEST ON TOP
OF A QUEST

★ 。/|\。★

THAT LINE WASN'T exactly reassuring, but they carried on anyways.

They told Iris about their adventures so far. From what Belle could see, Iris was a really good listener. Gods were always impatient when it came to mortal problems, but since Iris was a messenger, listening people's messages was kind of her job. She had to pay attention to what people said in order to do her job.

When Percy mentioned Ganymede's missing Chalice, she grimaced uncomfortably. And then when they told her about their time in Hebe Jeebies, Iris shut her eyes and sighed, as if she was saying Gods, give me patience. Which . . . actually probably wouldn't work too well, considering she was one of the Gods.

"Obviously, we don't think you took the chalice," Annabeth told her. "That would be silly."

"Though if you did, we'd love to get it back," Grover added.

Belle sighed, giving him a look. Annabeth frowned at him as well. Grover, however, didn't seem to notice. He had a sort of photogenic glow to him, like he was suddenly invulnerable because Blanche wanted him to be a model.

"But of course you didn't take it," Percy said. "Did you?"

Iris pursed her lips, delicately touching a display of crystal pendants that made a rainbow light dance across the market. "Do you have any idea how thankless a cupbearer's job is?"

Belle brought herself back to that day at school, when Ganymede had obsessively walked around the cafeteria and filled up people's cups with Olympian beverage number five. Even if they could see him, Belle was sure everyone wouldn't say thank you.

"Doesn't seem like fun," Percy admitted.

"No, Percy Jackson," Iris confirmed. "Not fun."

Belle's eyes slightly widened. It was the first indication that she had remembered him, or at least knew his name.

See, Percy Jackson was a famous name in the God realm. The savior of Olympus, the survivor of the Great Prophecy, the one who turned down Godhood. Sure, she had maybe heard of him, but Iris had actually met Percy before. Back when Percy had disappeared due to a swap from Hera, queen of the Gods, with Jason Grace to make the Romans and Greeks work together for the second Great Prophecy, he had gone on a quest to Alaska to retrieve the lost eagle of Camp Jupiter. On the way, with their friends Frank Zhang and Hazel Levesque, they had encountered a field of Karpoi — grain spirits that were not friendly, considering they sided with Gaea in the war and stabbed Belle — and a schist, which was just a giant rock. Their only safe haven from monsters was Iris' shop, which just sold organic items.