Chapter 2

The lions den is home

Entering Dumbledores office James knew he would get what he wanted, he had that power, everyone loved him. You either wanted to be him or be with him. Except Lily evans of course, yet since Regulus entered their carriage on the train he hasn't thought about his precious Lily flower, all thoughts have switched to the raven, he just couldn't stop. He worried so much about what had happened when he was home for the summer, how could he be partying and having fun with his brother when the littlest black was being painted black and blue, exploited, and completely written off. All plans of how to get Lily into his clutches had been forgotten, pushed so far away they were almost out of his brain.

Knocking he heard the distinct mumble of Dumbledore, as soon as he stepped inside he was surprised, there stood Minnie (Minerva McGonnagal). They knew, of course they knew.

'Minnie! A pleasure, we sure have missed your absolute beauty over summer.' He bound over to her, grasping her hand and kissing it in his jokey way. Minerva only smiled in the manner which she reserved for her favourite students, she truly did adore the four boys, they had worked they way into her heart and have made their bed. 'Albus! The summer was truly boring without you. Why didn't you come over as we discussed before break?' Of course James knew the entire conversation and most they have had were purely for amusement rather than Sirius engagements.

'The arrangements have been made, James. The room has been transfigured to suit the needs, we unfortunately cannot change Mr Blacks house but I'm sure Gryffindor will welcome him just the same at their table. Now it must be time for us to head to the great hall, Minerva I believe the first years will be just about docking by now. We shall see you at the sorting ceremony.'

James is thrilled, he didn't even have to bring out his puppy dog eyes. Exciting the office he saw the others crowded around the corner, along with Regulus.

'All sorted my love, Dumbledore just can't resist me, I'm sorry to tell you this so late but... we are having an affair, I know you will be upset but don't fret, I'm sure Remus will suit you just fine.' And so the banter between him and Sirius continues, with Reggie being integrated into the group just fine.

'No, how could you dear, I thought what we had was love! Instead your betrayal kills me, I am gone, dead, finished!' Sirius, in his own fashion, falls dramatically into Remus' arms, already suspecting this outcome Remus had his arms out.

Regulus stands there, dumbfounded at the performance he is viewing, they just get weirder. The shock comes full force when Remus gathers Sirius up, pulling him to his side, planting a kiss on his lips muttering 'what did I get myself involved in? Bloody idiots.' He rolls his eyes for probably the 100th time in the last ten minutes and hauls Sirius down the hallway, motioning with his spare hand for the rest to follow, ready for the feast.

***

Later that night, after the feast, the marauders and their new member stumble into the Gryffindor dormitory, crawling up the steps with regrets of how much they ate. Once they walk into their room, they all stop. Startled by the change, the room is bigger, an extra bed with all they cases and uniforms placed neatly beside each. The room was so much better than last years, wonders of whether Dumbledore made the extra additions; a table in the middle of the room, big and round, covered in snacks from chocolate frogs to berty botts every flavour beans, the beds, each decorated in Gryffindors colours except one in the middle, green curtains pulled to each banister, silver silk pillows and the slytherin flag hung above the bed, a bookcase next to one particular bed on the far left, on the far right a chessboard sat on a table, chair either side, the three beds in the middle had brooms on top, Sirius' to the left, James' to the right, with Regulus as the piggy in the middle. Everything was home. As it should be.

They all gathered round the table, digging in, Remus of course snagged the chocolate. That is when the plan began, the big talk.

***

Regulus dreaded this, he knew he didn't want to go back. The house wasn't his home, the monsters that resides inside may be his parents but they weren't family, the four boys gathered round planning his safe escape were. Three took him in, no questions asked, 'Sirius is family and so are you'. He felt loved for the first time in his life, he wasn't going to let it go so soon.

AN:
That's Chapter 2! I hope you enjoyed it, I'm not aiming for it to be a slow burn, I hate them as much as the next person, so expect some jegulus content soon!