Tale of Unrequited Love

As I hung up the phone after that unexpected call with Aks, tears streamed down my face. The emotions swirling inside me were like a relentless storm, pounding my heart and soul. 

My room felt like a prison, walls closing in around me, as I lay on my bed, helpless.

Love was supposed to be beautiful, they said, but for me, it was a labyrinth of confusion and heartache. There was no denying it—I loved Aks. Every fiber of my being, every beat of my heart, screamed out his name.

 But life had different plans for me, plans that involved Shaurya, a good man whom my family had warmly accepted.

Shaurya was everything a girl could wish for in a partner. He cared for me deeply, in every possible way, and he was ready to embark on a journey with me. 

Yet, no matter how hard I tried to fill my heart with his love, there remained a void that only Aks could fill. His absence left an unbearable ache, a longing that refused to be silenced.

I couldn't understand why Aks seemed to care about my engagement. Why did he want me to care for him? His voice on the phone had trembled with emotions he was reluctant to show.

 It was as if he was reaching out to me, but the reasons behind his actions remained a mystery.

Days turned into a blur as my engagement day approached, just a mere two weeks away. I knew I had to prepare myself—not just for the ceremony, but for a future without Aks.

 It was a thought I couldn't bear, yet it loomed over me like a shadow. Love, I realized, was a double-edged sword that brought both joy and agony.

So, I wiped away my tears, put on a brave facade, and began the preparations for the engagement.

 Yet, beneath the surface, I carried the weight of my unrequited love in my heart, a burden that threatened to consume me. Why did love have to be so incredibly complicated?

As the day of my engagement dawned, I found myself trapped in a whirlwind of emotions. It felt as though I was standing at a crossroads, unsure of which path to take.

 The weight of my unspoken love for Aks had become almost unbearable, like a silent scream echoing inside me.

Tears welled up in my eyes, blurring the reflection of the bride-to-be in the mirror before me. It was supposed to be a day of joy, a day to celebrate a new beginning with Shaurya.

 But beneath the glittering surface, my heart ached, torn between love and duty.

In my fragile state, Khwahish  and ridaanshi entered the room and gasped in surprise at the sight of my tear-stained face. She had been watching me closely for the past week, sensing that something was amiss, and now, she demanded answers.

Her insistence broke the dam of my emotions, and with a mixture of anger, frustration, and sadness, I confessed, "Because I love Aks Malhotra."

My words hung in the air, heavy with the truth I had been concealing for so long. Khwahish's eyes widened, and she absorbed the shock of my revelation.

 My heart raced as I waited for her response, dreading the judgment or pity that might follow.

Khwahish and Ridaanshi exchanged worried glances as my confession hung in the air, like a secret revealed after years of concealment.

 I couldn't bear to meet their eyes, fearing judgment or perhaps even disappointment. Tears streamed down my face as I sat on the edge of the bed, feeling vulnerable and exposed.

Ridaanshi, always the more assertive one, couldn't hold back her curiosity. She asked, "And Aks? Did he...?"

But I interrupted her, shaking my head before she could even finish her sentence. The truth was, I didn't know how Aks felt. 

His actions had left me bewildered and hurt, and I couldn't bring myself to believe that he shared the same feelings.

Khwahish, her heart full of empathy, questioned why I was putting myself through this torment. With a heavy heart, I recounted the entire story, how my feelings for Aks had blossomed during college, the moments we had shared, and the eventual text message that had shattered my hopes.

As I spoke, both Khwahish and Ridaanshi enveloped me in a warm embrace. Their silent support was like a lifeline, providing comfort in a sea of uncertainty. Together, we cried, releasing the pent-up emotions that had plagued me for so long.

hii guys vote and comment