-post seven-

@EmersonJenkin$ The only thing better than a softball sunset is you <3Liked by Leighton

Liked by Leighton.Murray, whitneychase, and 8,000 others.

Comments
@dallas_jenkins: awww my girls in loooove
Reply by @EmersonJenkin$: dad, respectfully, stfu
@whitneychase: WHO HAVENT YOU BEEN
TELLING IS ABOUT?!?!?
@belathebitch: damn he must be sexy
@kimberlyfinkle97: wait u play sports?

Leighton's finger covered over the comment button. She wanted so desperately to say "it's not a he, it's a she, and it's me. I care about her and she cares about me." But the nagging little voice that told her if she came out her life would burst into flames came roaring out of the shadows.

Emerson walked in, Leighton shutting her phone off frantically. "Everything okay?" She asked, shutting the door behind her.

"Fine. Your instagram post was sweet." Leighton offered a soft smile to the brunette.

"Anything for you." Emerson whispered, leaning down to peck Leighton's lips.

"So, how was conditioning?" Leighton asked as she pulled away.

Emerson scratched the back of her head nervously. "Tough. Tons of running, lifting, my ex girlfriend."

Leighton felt the blood drain from her face. "Your ex?"

Emerson nodded slowly. "I promise there's nothing there we've been over for ages."

Leighton pursed her lips, fuming. "Okay. I trust you."

Leighton wasn't lying about trusting Emerson. She really did. The person she didn't trust was her ex.