005. the cage

"Because it's crazy, okay?" Dean says. "And it's not going to happen. How many times do I have to say that this is a horrible idea?"

"A-as much as it physically pains me to agree with this shithead..." Miranda motions to Dean. "I-I pretty much do."

"About as many as I have to say, okay, then what else have we got? Listen, I'm all ears, guys." Sam says. "Ordinarily, I'd agree with you both, but the visions only happen when I reach out to God. I asked him for a way to beat the Darkness and the visions got more specific -- and I was in the cage."

"Yeah, with Lucifer. The biggest monster ever hatched. Fan-fucking-tastic." Dean remarks.

"You know, Lucifer was the biggest monster ever hatched, until you and I hatched one that's even worse. Listen, in the vision, Lucifer touches me and I feel calm, like things will be all right." Miranda gives him an incredulous look. "And that's not something I would ever come up with. I mean, that is the last thing that I would ever feel."

"If Lucifer touched you, it would be the last thing you think -- ever. Why would God even ask this of you? What proof do we have that any of this is actually real?"

"There was a burning bush."

"A burning bush?"

"Like in the Bible."

"You were in the forest. There are bushes there and sometimes they burn. You know what, man? Maybe there is something to it all -- maybe -- and maybe there's not."

"Dean, doesn't it make sense? I mean, Lucifer would know how God ended the Darkness. He was there."

+++

They managed to capture Rowena and have her in the dungeon.

Eventually, Rowena finds a spell to make it possible for Sam to talk to Lucifer while he stays in the cage.

"Sam, everything is in order. Fergus is coming." Rowena says.

"I promised Dean I'd call." Sam says, trying to call his brother.

"I promised Lincoln a fun night at the theatre." Miranda looks at her. "Things change. It's now or never." Rowena says.

Soon, Sam relents, knowing they can't just wait around.

"I'm going with you." Miranda states.

"Wh-- wait, n-no. What... what about the kids?" Sam asks.

"Carly's 9. I'll give her a chance to handle it for a night." Miranda says.

"She could traumatize the younger two." Sam points out.

"Oh, relax. She's only mean to adults." Miranda says.

"She convinced Wyatt that the tooth fairy pulls is gonna take all of his teeth if he ever touches her stuff without permission." Sam reminds.

"Okay, that-- that was a little bad." Miranda says.

"A little?" Sam raises his eyebrows.

"Hey, she got in trouble. He's fine now. He took her pizza slice the other day and he still has just as many teeth as he did before that. He knows she was lying now." Miranda says.

"Miranda..."

"I'm not letting you go talk to the devil alone." Miranda states. "Not after what he's done to you, not ever. I don't care what it takes, I am going with you, because I do not trust the witch bitch and her demon son to be any source of comfort. I am going with you, and if we come back to the bunker burnt down, then... then we know to not let her babysit ever again."