Chapter 1

"But mum I don't want to leave I love this place and all my friends live Here" Lux screamed. "It's for the best, the city has doctors that can help with your and sister's conditions sweetheart." Replied their mum. "So, we have a life here, we can't just leave it behind, all our friends and our family," Lux complained. " We don't have a choice. Also, you don't see your sister complaining" her mum noted. "that's because she's crying" lux exclaimed. "Just get in the car, please let's just go" mum sighed. "fine" lux whined. As they left, Luna buried herself in Lux's arms as she cried. She was sure that she had never wanted to leave their home it was the place she grew up in. Lux was also crying but she knew deep down that this was inevitable. As they were travelling the girls fell asleep. They only woke up a little before they reached the city.

As the car was entering city gates, their mum was trying to point out all the amazing things to her girls, but all the girls saw was smoke, buildings and enclosed spaces and they hated it. It took them about another hour to reach their home in the middle of the bustling city. When they arrived at their new house Lux screamed "this place doesn't have a backyard! ", " What! " Luna yelled. Then their mum said "sorry it doesn't. ". By the time she had turned around both girls had already stomped away into the car as they had no idea where their new rooms were. After they had calmed down and their mum had shown them where the bedrooms were, she started talking to them about their new school that they would be starting on Monday. Of course, the girls were not happy about this at all, in fact after hearing this they went to hide in their rooms. By then it was late at night and the girls fell asleep.

The girls woke early the next morning due to it being hard to sleep, the morning went by in a flash and before they were ready, their mum had dropped them off. They entered a main hall both getting many looks because of Lux's prosthetic leg and Luna's blind eyes. They probably thought that it was a birth defect. When really it was the fire, they were at home and it was storming outside lighting flashing all around, before anyone could comprehend a huge flash struck right in front of Luna causing her to fall back burnt and blind. Fire quickly spread through out the house the room Lux was in became engulfed in fire. Then one floorboard from the second floor fell smack down on her leg, breaking and burning it. That day 3 things were taken away from them that day, Luna's sight, Lux's leg and their older brother Kovu. That's the reason they moved in the first place because they couldn't handle living in a place that tortured them with horrible memories, and they didn't want to rebuild somewhere that they couldn't live.