Panic - Y! Shanks - Anime

This is Yandere Shanks! This is your warning!

Warnings: Mentions of breaking bones, Threats, Panic attacks, manipulation, yandere themes, etc.

When Shanks offered me to join his crew, I was flattered. I mean, I was just a bartender that helped out my sister, Makino, run her bar. I also helped take care of Luffy whenever he visited, and I saw him like my own son. At first, I told Shanks that I was honored by the offer, but I wouldn't do good on the sea. After many days of him trying to convince me, I finally told him that I would go with him on his next trip, but that once that was over, I would come back to Foosha village.

~~~

The trip ended up taking longer than I thought it would, so I had to send a letter to Makino and Luffy, explaining to them that I'd be gone longer than I expected. Things were fine with the crew... for the most part. Shanks has been acting odd lately, and today, I decided to ask him what's wrong.

~~~

I walked up to the door to Shanks room, and was about to knock on the door when I heard voices inside. I was going to leave, since he was busy, that was, until I heard my name. I leaned in closer to hear what was being said about me.

"You really love y/n, huh Shanks?" Oh, that was Benn.

"I do. I love her very much." I blushed, not expecting to hear that. I figured I should go, but then Benn said something odd.

"So what's your plan for when she has to go?"

"Simple. I have her write a letter to Makino and Luffy, explaining how she decided to stay with us. I can't have my darling leave me, after all." I froze, not expecting that.

"And if she tries to escape?"

"I'll break her legs. Then my darling can't escape." I let out a small gasp, but quickly covered my mouth. I didn't even wait to hear if they heard me, or if they were coming, I quietly ran. I knew I couldn't leave from the deck, there were too many people up there. So I figured my best bet was to hide in one of the empty barrels in the storage. I didn't want to be found, and I didn't want to be near them at all. Shanks was going to not let me leave! I- I thought that- ... I shouldn't have trusted pirates, no matter how polite and nice they are. This was my fault. I reached the storage room, and could hear footsteps coming from the direction of Shanks room. I quickly opened a barrel, and squished myself inside, shutting the top once I was in. I tried to take careful breaths, seeing as the small holes in the barrel were my only way of getting air. If I breathed too quickly, I would get light headed and waste my air. I heard the door to the storage room open, and I closed my eyes tightly shut in fear.

"Oh Y/n~ I know you heard us. Just come out darling! I won't do anything if you come out now!" I heard Shanks, loud and clear. Yet how could I trust him? Trusting him is what got me here. What would he have done if I didn't say yes? Would he have- no. He wouldn't hurt Luffy or Makino, he obviously cared for them. He supposedly cared about me though, and now here he is, going to hurt me if I try to leave. Oh god. He might've hurt Luffy and Makino. Or some of the innocent villagers. What will he do if I successfully escape? He knows where they live! All he has to do is sail there and do whatever he wants to them! My thoughts were spinning, and I started to have trouble breathing. I tried to focus on my breathing, but it just kept getting worse. I felt tears start to sprout in my eyes.

"Y/n? Darling?" I heard him get closer. My breathing started to get worse, and so did my crying. I started to panic, for not only was he close, but I felt like I couldn't breathe. "Y/n?" He opened up the barrel I was inside. "I found you- Y/n? Hey! Y/n!" I could feel his arm pick me up with surprising strength, and my breathing just got worse and worse. He cradled me against his chest, my head resting near where his heartbeat was. "Hey. Love. I need you to calm down. You're having a panic attack." I felt my body shake in his arm, and his arm held me tight, but almost in a safe feeling way. "Shhhhh. Listen to my heartbeat, let that distract you." I focused on the heartbeat I could hear from where my head was resting. Slowly my breathing began to go back to normal, and I stopped shaking. My tears were almost over, and Shanks used a finger to wipe them away.

"Shhhhhhhh. It's okay. I won't let anything happen to you." I cuddled against him, feeling exhausted.

"Shanks..." I cried out. "You- you won't hurt them? Right?"

"Them? Who - oh. Makino and Luffy. No. I won't hurt them, love. You just need to stay with me. Look, what if someone tries to hurt you, how will I be able to protect you? Or if you have another panic attack, who will calm you down? You need me, my love, just as much as I need you. So.Don't.Go." I nodded, hugging him tightly, feeling too tired to do anything else.

"That's a good girl." With that, I closed my eyes, and was out like a light. 

This may seem exaggerated, but personally, when I have a panic attack, it's very tiring. Idk if that's just me ooooooooorrrrrrrrrrr-