Chapter V - Campfire Secrets

|Mount Justice
|July 20, 21:34 EDT

RECOGNIZED, ASTRA B-00.

The only warning Kamila got was a faint Whoosh! Before Wally ran right up to her.

"Sparky! I just had the best idea!" The ginger exclaimed, his hands were on her shoulders and he was practically bouncing up and down.

They hadn't been able to talk much, just the two of them at least, they just hadn't been able to get any alone time. Whether it was patrol with Barry, or hanging out in central while Kamila had to watch her half-siblings, there was always another person with them. it made it hard for the two to confess their feelings for each other before school started like they'd been planning.

(of course, not that Wally knew that Kamila knew he likes her... that's confusing, wally is oblivious and Kamila is impatient. there.)

"What's up KF?" She asked.

"So I was watching TV and Megan walked by, and I was bored so I went to see what she was doing, right? She was going to go baking or something, I don't know. Anyways, I asked her what I should do, because I'm bored and there is nothing-"

"Walls. The point?" she said with a smile while rolling her eyes.

He blushed slightly. "right. So I had the amazing idea of going outside and having a campfire!"

Kamila's face held a look of confusion for a second before she tilted her head and asked "Wally, you've never even been camping before, and you want to camp outside of the cave with the team?"

"I've been camping before!" he put a hand on his chest as if he were offended, "We were in your backyard, Kam."

the blonde girl laughed as she responded, "Wally, that wasn't camping, that's just a bonfire. Camping is like, actually sleeping outside."

he tilted his head, like a confused puppy, "Didn't we stay to sleep in the tree house? that was outside! boom! Camping!"

Kamila was about to correct him, explain that there are no tree houses when you go camping, when M'gann walked in with the rest of the boys, using her abilities to carry what looked like five tents, six chairs, eight bags of marshmallows, three boxes of gram crackers, what looked like 20 chocolate bars (all for s'mores, Kamila guessed), two drink coolers, enough snacks to feed an army... or a speedster and his friends if he wanted to share, and a reluctant superboy being dragged by his ear.

"I got everything! Let's go camping!" the green girl said with the brightest smile on her face.

⚡︎

"HEY M'GANN, DID you bring the speaker I told you about?" Kamila asked, looking through one of the bags the Martain had her grab (...blankets, bed rolls, pillows...), she moved on from that bag and onto the next, (Flash-branded flashlights, Batman Batteries, and-) "Never mind! found it!"

It was a small Black Canary Karaoke Box, one of the many gag gifts Green Lantern, Hal Jordan, had gotten for each member of the Justice League when they had just become public and a few weeks before the hall and watchtower were made. Kamila was looking around for any old tech parts that weren't cleared out of the cave when she felt the unfamiliar pull of the Wonder Woman Weaponised Tazer falling off the Martian Manhunter Microwave and accidentally turning on...

...barry's notebooks never mentioned how badly painted the gifts were.

Anyways, she quickly grabbed her phone and plugged the aux cord into the speaker. she could feel M'gann floating over her shoulder as she unwrapped the cord from around the speaker.