𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏 - 𝐒𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐄

A/N: Ya'll can skip the wedding get ready and shit, and go to the end of the wedding I only wrote this part for foundation!! AND ITS KIND OF SHITTY WRITING BC I DIDNT WANT TO WRITE ThIS PART (ILL BE EDITIING IT LATER)

As I stood in front of the vanity mirror, carefully applying my makeup, I couldn't help but feel a mix of emotions. Today was the day of my wedding. We weren't poor because of savings, but after my father's company went nearly bankrupt, money had been tight. From being at the top of society, the daughter of a millionaire, I was now in a marriage to save us all. Today was my wedding; it had to go perfectly.

We had one week to plan the wedding, and it had turned out somewhat decent considering we had one week but a very extensive budget.

Marrying Ares definitely wasn't something I wanted to do, but I had to. For all I knew, he was a cold billionaire playboy. He wasn't one of "us," the socialite, average wealthy family. I know that he wasn't born rich and made his fortune, and the only reason I would marry him was because he would save my father's company. I didn't know how, but my father said he would. Though I didn't owe my father much, our family had a reputation to uphold, and I couldn't lose the one family I had. Even if the family was interesting, to say the least. My family's legacy and company meant a lot to me, enough for me to get into a marriage contract of 5 years.

My hands trembled slightly as I brushed a delicate shade of eyeshadow onto my lids. The pressure to look perfect, to ensure nothing went wrong on this crucial day, weighed heavily on my shoulders. A tiny voice in the back of my mind told me that the success of this union depended on every detail being flawless.

As I finished my makeup, I gazed at my reflection in the mirror. The pale white dress I wore seemed to shimmer under the soft lights, and I hoped that it would be suitable for this extravagant affair.

Ares Russo was the man who was going to save us, and he had my eternal thanks. I had never met him in person nor seen a picture of him. I had planned to search for him, but father had forbade it.

He was never at any fundraisers or galas. Maybe he was, and I just missed it. I don't know. The reception was done, and everyone was waiting in the church for me to walk down the aisle. Everything was perfect.

As I made my way down the aisle, my heart was pounding. As I faced him, unable to hold eye contact, the supposed older gentleman I had envisioned wasn't who I had initially imagined. Instead of an older man, there stood a strikingly handsome man, his sharp jawline and confident demeanor catching me completely off guard. I was wrong. He did go to fundraisers and galas; I had talked to him a few times. As he looked at me, his eyes met mine with confusion as if to say something, but the priest cut him off.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Ja- I mean Sophie Wang and Ares Russo. They have come together to declare their love for each other and to make promises that will last a lifetime." My breath became deeper and deeper as well as longer and longer. Now that I stood before him, it all sank in. I was marrying someone...