𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

An uncanny encounter

"What brings you to the middle of the night with the snow settling and the cold setting in, my dear?"
Satoru asked as he chuckled lightly to himself, still wearing his blindfold and a dark blue zip-up jacket with a high collar that's also fairly wide. He wore slim-fit matching black pants and black dress boots, the outfit perfectly complementing his tall and slender figure.

His presence alone seemed to radiate warmth, making the cold weather outside seem almost bearable.
"Are you perhaps seeking some late-night adventure?"

Mitsuki looks up at the tall man, her nose and hands red from the cold, but she still sits there. Despite the chill, she greets him with a smile. "Hi, Satoru," she says warmly, trying to sound confident despite the cold weather. She shudders a little due to the cold temperature, but she continues to keep smiling.

"Mitsuki, you're going to catch a cold if you stay out here any longer. Come, let me lend you my jacket."

Satoru offers his jacket to Mitsuki and places his hand gently on her cheek. As he looks at her with a soft gazing glance, he asks why she was outside in the chilly night.

"I can't resist the call of the night, Satoru," Mitsuki replies as she falls into his chest. Satoru, concerned for her safety, wraps his arms around her and pulls her closer. He caresses her hair and skin while holding her tightly.

Satoru whispers soothingly, "Shhh, just stay safe, honey. Resistance is futile. I will keep you safe regardless."

Mitsuki asks in a trembling voice, "How long until I give in to the night's call?"

"Don't let the night take you away, Mitsuki," Satoru responds, his tone quiet but reassuring. He gently strokes her hair, caresses her face, and embraces her. After a moment, she wraps her arms around him and buries her head into his chest, feeling a mix of fear and comfort from her position.

Satoru pulls Mitsuki onto his lap, holding her close with his hands under her back. The warmth of his embrace and the safety of his touch make her feel at ease, even for a moment.

"Don't say that ever again." Satoru murmurs softly, his deep voice a soothing balm to her fears. "You don't have to be afraid of anything." He kisses her forehead in a gentle, tender way, his lips hovering just above her skin.

"I'm gonna take care of everything, my love." Satoru says, his confidence and strength a comforting counterpoint to the fear that still seems to simmer just beneath the surface of her expression. He wraps his arms around her, his body providing the warmth and comfort that she needs and craves after her long, lonely night.

Mitsuki responds with a soft, grateful "Thank you." Satoru doesn't miss a beat, his hand still gently stroking her hair.

"You don't have to thank me, honey. That's what your 'Satoru' is for," he replies in the gentle, loving tone that defines his relationship with Mitsuki.

Despite her weak body since birth, Mitsuki has always been terrified of the night, cursed to die in its darkness. Since childhood, she was told to avoid the call of the night at all costs, but she has always resisted until now.

As Satoru gets up, holding Mitsuki in his arms, she feels a twinge of disappointment at the thought of leaving the warmth of his embrace. But Satoru doesn't let her feel it for long, carrying her back inside his apartment with care and tenderness.