PROLOUGE | CHANTING WITH A DEVIL

Underground Japanese Special Defence Forces Base 
Osaka, Japan / 01-01-2009 / 01:00
SPECIAL OPERATIVE / COMMANDER "SILAS" / JSDF

"Happy New Year..." Silas silently cheered, her voice the usual hushed voice she always used. She walked into the dimly lit living room. Her team scattered throughout the room.

"Happy new year, Silas." Snap replied, his voice sounded like his usual happy and cheerful self, his hand gripping tightly to a handle to a metal bar, sharpening his blades as he always did at the end of a mission. He sat patiently on a brown leather couch. Very roughly and carefully; he grabbed a piece of loose newspaper, holding it up in the air. Snap ran his blade along the top edge of the paper, the paper effortlessly split without being ripped.

"Cuts like butter." Pluto complimented, his sage green eyes locked onto the knife that Snap had used to cut the newspaper, then his eyes looked back over to his vest.

Snap nodded in gratitude before gently setting the previous knife down and grabbing another knife; from a pile of long and short knives on the little coffee table that sat in-front of him. Farow quietly tapped her boot in the corner, her mind focusing on her boot gently clashing with the floor making a thumping sound, She gently hummed. Farow's head snapped in Silas' direction.

"Happy New Year..." Lieutenant Farow replied, Farow had a scottish accent, though not entirely as strong as her family members. Even if she missed her family on deployment though, her focus was quickly adjusted back to her boot that she tapped to the floor in the corner, and her hums abruptly continued again. Pluto covered his vest in badges, some showed his blood type, 'AB-'  whilst others showed where his med packs were; with a reflective vinyl of a white cross with a blood red background.

Colonel Rind quietly sat with Snap on the couch, he nonchalantly  flipped through a pile of pages that sat beside Snap's knives, whilst Rind gently hummed in unison with Farow, before abruptly stopping, his head snapped up from his paperwork. The Colonel's dark brown eyes loomed over Silas as he looked up at her. "Happy New year... Silas." Colonel Rind's eyes immediately shifted back down at the pile of papers in-front of him, his voice continued to hum with Farow again.

Static erupted from a speaker in a corner of the room, before a voice arose from the speaker; The general's voice spoke hoarsely. "Happy New Year, Rind, Silas, Snap, Pluto, and Farow." His voice boomed through the speaker.
"Likewise, General Takahashi." Captain Rind spoke nonchalantly with the most huskiest voice compared to the others.
"Thank you... But I have planned to take you guys out of my custody, because Konni has decided further options with us..." General Takahashi sinisterly replied.
"Huh?" the entire team simultaneously questioned, some looked at others, curious to what General Takahashi would say next. 

"What do you plan to do with us?" Snap inquired, his head tilted ajar as his curiosity slightly soothed the now on-edge team as they all struggled to comprehend the outcome of what would happen next.
CLICK CLICK!
The shrill sound of the speaker shutting off put everyone on their toes. Suddenly, gray poison gas flown through every piece technology on the walls and roof.
"Shit." Colonel Rind said abruptly.
Everybody's head flown up in a panic, within a split second everybody split up; they searched for gas masks.

Silas yanked a cupboard open, her eyes urgently searched for the gas masks, she dashed to Snap, and tried to help him open a cupboard that usually had the masks, when they couldn't open it, Silas grabbed the hem of her shirt and pulled it up over her nose.
"There isn't any gas masks!" Snap reported, he also grabbed the hem of his shirt and put it over his nose. The soft cloth soothed the frightened soldier. But he was brave, right?

"Good Call!" Colonel Rind commented, he pulled the hem of his shirt too, he copied Silas and Snap. He looked around for a exit, but instead of seeing an exit, he saw something else.