000. new beginnings

000

Look, did Dominique and Zachary Bellerose get expelled again? Maybe. Was it on purpose? Absolutely not. At least, not this time. It's not like being expelled was on their things to do this year list. Besides, they were only three months into the school year. It was purely an accident. The faculty at Lancer Academy just thought it was awfully convenient that the twins were present at every single fight that occurred that year. It's not their fault drama seemed to love them. But, they needed someone to blame. 

So, here they were, waiting impatiently at the front office of a different school, Yancy Academy, a private boarding school for troubled kids. Their previous school did the honor of choosing their next school. A school for troubled kids ought to whip you two into shape, their last headmaster had sneered.

The twins had been sitting in the waiting area for what felt like hours. And, of course, their ADHD didn't help with the problem. Zachary's leg was bouncing up and down, his eyes trained on the door to the headmaster's office, completely ignorant of the judgmental stares the office ladies were sending them. However, Dominique fell prey to their stares. Now, she wasn't usually one to shy away from stares, but these stares were just straight up weird. She had been playing with the ring on her finger, a gift from their father. When she noticed she was being carefully watched, she stopped and awkwardly leaned forward to pick up the brochure that was sitting on the table. She doesn't know why her dyslexic ass decided that was a good idea, seeing as she couldn't read anything on it.

Giving up, she peeked over the top of the brochure to see that one of the office ladies was still staring straight into her soul. Her eyes traveled down to see a placard with her name on it. Of course, she couldn't read it, but she could slightly make out what it said. Samantha? Savannah? Whatever, her name is Sam. She looked back up to see that Sam was no longer staring at her, but was now conversing with an older lady wearing a leather jacket. Odd choice of clothing, but you do you. She looked back down to the brochure.

She's saved from having to continue staring blankly at the brochure when the door to the headmaster's office opened. Out stepped a boy around their age with messy black hair and the prettiest green eyes she'd ever seen. He tried to quickly leave the office, but unfortunately bumped into the older lady from before. She watched as he tried to escape, but a "Now, honey," in a sickly sweet voice, stopped him in his tracks.

She wanted to see how this would turn out, but a voice killed her curiosity. "Zachary and Dominique Bellerose, come in."

The older of the two quickly got up and made his way towards the previously shut door. Unlike her brother, she slowly walked over, sneaking glances at the boy who seemed to be getting reprimanded by the leather jacket lady. "Close the door behind you, would you miss Bellerose?" the voice from before spoke.

She turned around to close the door, but decided to sneak one more glance at the boy and is pleasantly surprised to see those striking green eyes looking straight at her. Sadly, she had to break eye contact by closing the door, but not before she sent a wink and a smile the boy's way. The sea-green was replaced with the plain, brown wooden door.

She made her way to the big wooden desk that sat in the middle of the room. She took a seat in the chair next to her brother's. The headmaster was a large man, he strongly resembled the man people called Santa, except he didn't hold that kind glint in his eyes that this so-called Santa was said to have.

The room was uncomfortably quiet, but Zachary didn't seem to be bothered. In all honesty, he just seemed zoned out. The only sound in the room was Mr. Santa shuffling through what seemed to be their files. "Expelled from causing nearly fifteen fights at your previous school? Impressive. It seems as though you two have some underlying anger issues, don't you." he finally spoke, one of his bushy eyebrows shot upward. "So, which is it, mommy or daddy issues? It's always one or the other."

Zachary snapped out of his daze and he and his sister snapped at the older man in sync, "We do not have any type of anger issues."

The man's two eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Clearly." he clears his throat and looks at the papers again. "Diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia. I'll have the school psychologist take a look at them." he mumbled to himself.

The twins slightly turned their heads to look at each other. Zachary shot his sister a look saying, is this guy for real?  Dominique responded with the shrug of her shoulders and her signature eye roll. "Well, er, you two are all set to start at Yancy Academy." he stood up and handed the two packets. "Right, so-" he looks at Zachary. "-your roommates are going to be Percy Jackson and Grover Underwood." the twins' eyes widen slightly at the second name, which went unnoticed by the man before them. "And Dominique, yours are Isabella Hart and Olivia Campbell. Erm, everything else should be in your packets. Have a uh, have a good year at Yancy."

The two quickly thanked the man and hurried out of the room. They passed by all the overly judgmental office ladies and out into the hallway. "Did you know that Grover was here?" Zachary immediately asked.

"No, you didn't know, how was I supposed to know?" she shot back, just as surprised as him. "I mean, I did know he had an assignment, just didn't know where..."

"We're not going to have a normal school year again, aren't we." It wasn't a question, it was a fact. 

Dominique pursed her lips and shook her head. "As much as it'd be nice, it seems it's going to be an eventful year."

𐬿𐬻𐬿𐬻𐬿

a/n:

yay, first chapter done. please don't judge too harshly on this book. I am so not a writer and it's going to show. this book was completely just for fun. but feel free to voice your opinions. 

question of the chapter: what would your ambrosia taste like for you?

     - e 💋