001. teachers and monsters

001

Ok, so fun fact, Grover was actually there on an assignment, just like Dominique said. A very interesting assignment, which basically told the twins that they will not be having a normal school year. This assignment was so interesting in fact, that Chiron, actually disguised himself as a regular Latin teacher to keep an eye over this new potential demigod. And that new demigod? The cute boy that Dominique saw on her first day there. 

At first, she was happy. She'd be able to keep those green eyes in her life, but that all changed. Sure, he's real pretty to look at, but unfortunately every now and then he chooses to open his mouth. She would've gladly gone about the year without having to hear the things he had to say. So, does that mean you two are orphans or...? Oh calm down you drama queen, it wasn't a big deal. 

The two may have butt heads sometimes, but they did have one thing in common. Their absolute dislike for a certain redhead. Nancy Bobofit. And right now she was throwing pieces of her peanut butter-and-ketchup sandwich at the back of Grover's head. She must've had a hundred sandwiches because the pieces seemed to be never ending. 

"I'm going to kill her," Percy mumbled from the seat across from the twins. 

"It's ok. I like peanut butter." Grover said, attempting to calm the boy down. 

"Um, don't forget that there's ketchup in there too, Grover." Dominique grimaced at just the thought of the combo.

"Ketchup is alright too." Grover weakly said.

Nancy threw another piece of her disgusting sandwich. 

"That's it." Percy began to get up before Grover reached over to drag him back down to his seat. 

"You're already on probation, Perce." Zachary reminded him, Grover nodded in agreement. "And besides, Nancy never gets in trouble for the shit she pulls."

See, Percy was on probation because of the stupid pranks he pulled on Dominque a week before. Maybe he was actually a son of Hermes. She guessed that the headmaster was tired of her always barging into his office about the Jackson boy, so he decided threatening him with death by in-school suspension would settle her anger.

At that moment, Nancy threw another piece of her lunch. Dominique decided she had enough at that point. She got up quickly before her brother could comprehend what she was doing. "Hey, you ugly piece of sh-" Before she could finish, Zachary managed to clamp his hand over her mouth and pulled her down. 

𐬿𐬻𐬿𐬻𐬿

The class was being led through the museum by Chiron, or just for now Mr. Brunner. He stopped near a tall stone column, which had a sphinx on the top. It was a stele for a girl about their age. Dominique tried her best to focus on what Mr. Brunner was saying, but the sounds of Percy snapping at other students was throwing her off. Sure, he was telling other students to shut up, but it still annoyed her because it was Percy doing it.

She would've said something, but Mrs. Dodds was already giving the two the evil eye. It was always in her class that they argued the most, so naturally she hated the two. Or, that's what people would think. In reality, Dominique knew that the true reason was because she was a monster and wanted to tear the two apart. 

"Will you shut up?" Percy's loud voice spoke from behind her. 

This caused laughter to break out in the group. Mr. Brunner stopped his story as well. "Mr. Jackson," he spoke, "did you have a comment?"