Prologue

_The night of September 1st 2021._

Edric woke up to two loud pops, making them wake up immediately and check the key hole.

There was a group of people.
They were all dressed in black, wearing white face masks.

Edric froze, putting 2 and 2 together.
But he knew he had to act fast, meaning he just grabbed his phone.

Then as quietly as he could.
He opened the window and jumped out.

Luckily Edric's room was on the 1st floor. But sadly he didn't have any neighbors to call for help.

Meaning he had to find a hiding spot and call for help, all by himself.

Now you may be thinking "But wouldn't they know that the parents have a child?"

Well no, because Edrics parents were lawyers. Who probably put some of those gang members in jail, aswell as other crooks and criminals.

Meaning they always suspected this day would happen, so they raised Edric away from people.

He was diagnosed with hyperlexia as a child, which meant he didn't attend school. He was raised homeschooled and trained to always be prepared.

With that exposition out of the way, Edric calls 155 behind the gardens fountain.
They pick up right away and Edric explains the situation.

Within 5 minutes, Edric saw the red and blue lights flashing. Alongside the criminals running for the hills.

When he thought the coast was clear, he got up and attempted to walk over to the police.

When someone suddenly yanked them up by their hair and attempted to stab them.

But with Edrics quick thinking, they managed to stop the blade with his hands.
They struggled a bit, falling on the ground in process, before the attacker saw a police officer running to them.
So in a last ditch effort, the attacker swiftly took out their knife from Edrics hands and tried to slash his face.

Somehow Edric managed to move away in time just to get a slash left under his right eye.

Right as the police officer was about to shoot them, they got up and ran as fast as they could.

The rest is a blur.
Edric just vaguely remembers a lot of legal stuff. And what to do now.

The problem was, that Edric was no longer safe in Instabul. Sure he was 17 already, but the police wanted someone to look after him.

Making the police search for any relatives, in which they found one. In the state of Iowa, almost on the other side of the planet.

But because Edric was in such a risk now, having that identifying scar.
The decision was made, aswell as legally changing his name into Robin.

16th of Nov 2021.

Once all the paper work was sorted, Robin arrived to America.

There in the airport, he met his cousin Luna Youngman.

She had long curly brown hair, blue eyes and a very discinct Orange sweater.

Meanwhile the other woman with her, which was apparently another distant cousin of Robin was Amelia Jones.

She had black hair, brown eyes and was a bit taller than Luna, standing at 5'6 (167cm) while Luna was 5'4 (162cm)

They welcomed Robin in, they seemed nice overall.
But Robin was just on autopilot mode, not really talking in the long car ride from the airport to his new home.

February 6th 2022

The day of Amelia's funeral.

Apparently she was found dead in her bed, asleep peacefully. With just one gunshot to the head, she was dead.

It was theorized that the Blue Blood Killer had gotten her, which made Luna spiral into depression.

She became obsessed with getting revenge on the Blue Blood Killer.
To the point that Robin had to care for her, whilst dealing with med school.

Because they thought it would be temporary. But on:

The 28th of August 2022

Robin finally had enough.

So on that day, Robin came up to Luna and asked.

R- Are you planning to quit anytime soon?

Luna looked up from her laptop, her eyes were bloodshot and she was clearly not taking care of herself.

L- No, of course not! I'm so close to figuring this out! I can't just give up now.
Luna exclaimed.

R- Like the last 7 times?

Luna looked down in shame.

L- Robin, I am so sorry that you have to see me this way. And I'm sorry that I'm currently relying on you solely, but please just give me more time.

R- How much more time do I have to give you!? We've been living off the checks the government sends YOU to take care of ME. Because I'm supposed to focus on my education and you're distracting me!

L- I know! I know, I'll make it up to you-

R- You don't have to make it up. You just have to get yourself together now.
Because I'm moving to the universities campus.
I can't do this anymore.
Now if you'd excuse me, I have to go pack.

Robin left to their room, making Luna alone with her thoughts.

Since the 1st of September to now.

Robin has ignored all of Lunas efforts to reach out.