Possessive (2)

Kunj was staring at Twinkle who was doing her work while fuming in anger and Kukoo was playing with her father's shirt buttons.

He remembered the last thing she said to him was "Handle your daughter because I am toh careless" and after this neither she talked to him nor she touched Kukoo.

She placed his dinner plate on the table and before she could leave he held her hand.

"Tum nhi khaa rhi ?"

"Nhi mujhe kaam hai"

"Arey parr--" he cut off mid way as she jerked his hand away leaving him alone.

He huffed and looked at Kukoo who was looking at him innocently.

"Bacha ek drama queen already jhel rha main toh please shanti se khaa lena haan" he requested her with a puppy face.

But Kukoo being adamant troubled him a lot while eating. After smearing her kichdi on her clothes and face Kukoo finished her boring food and Kunj had his dinner.

Twinkle came in room with food plate in her one hand and other hand holding phone as she was talking to her mother.

"Mum-mum" Kukoo blabbered looking at Twinkle.

"Beta mumma is on fire today leave her alone" he said patting on her back to make her sleep but she twisted in his arms.

Twinkle finished her dinner while talking on call and came back after keeping the plate in kitchen.

"Twinkle yaar please take her she is not sleeping in my arms" he stood infront of her and she rolled her eyes.

"Kyu ?? Tum toh bohot responsible baap ho na toh apni beti ko nhi sula skte ? Waise bhi yeh toh sirf tumhari beti hai isse duniya main akele tum lekar aaye ho na aur yeh tumhari hi wajah se toh aayi hai" she mocked and he gulped listening to her merciless words.

"I am sorry Twinkle I know I over reacted a lot" he said in pleading tone.

"No !! You are not over reacting but I am being careless" she repeated his words and he closed his eyes. Before he could say anything Kukoo cried loudly. Twinkle take Kukoo not before giving him a glare.

"Go boil milk and bring her feeder" Twinkle said while swaying Kukoo in her arms and Kunj like obedient boy went in kitchen.

Twinkle laid Kukoo on bed when she slept and laid beside her.

"Twinkle we need to talk" Kunj made her sit.

"Don't you think you said enough today" she gave him tight lipped smile.

"I am sorry you know I utter shit in anger. I didn't intend to hurt you " he said apologetically.

"But that doesn't mean you will say anything to me in your anger" she retorted and he sighed nodding.

"I agree let's come and talk" he dragged her to living room.

"I am really sorry Twinkle you know how much I love Kukoo and how protective I am" he held her as both sat on the couch infront of each other.

"No Kunj it's not protective it's possessive. You called me a careless and irresponsible mother"

"That because you sent her to someone's home"

"No not because I sent her to someone's home but because you don't trust me enough. You think I will send her to any strangers home not thinking about my baby's safety. This shows that you consider me as irresponsible only" Twinkle explain hurtfully.

"Nhi I trust you"

"Nhi karte tum. Main Maa hun uske Kunj tumhe kaise lag skta hai ke main usse kahin bhi bhej dungi jahan voh safe nhi hai? Meri bhi beti hai voh kitna dard saha hai uske liye maine tumhe pata. Phir bhi tumhe lagta hai ke main usse kisi ko bhi de dungi. Uske safety ki parwah nhi mujhe ?" She yelled at him with tears in her eyes and he bowed his head. He knew he said too much today.