Chapter 30:MR DANE'S PRINCESS

(Next day..

London:Lisa..could you please take this coffee to Mace's office..

Lisa:Yeah..he said he doesn't want anything at the moment..maybe later..I'm just gonna leave it in the cafeteria later you can give it to him..

London:Oh..ok..

I felt like I was punched in the stomach..he's never refused my coffee before not even by mistake..I hope he's not dead serious about staying away from me..I need him to achieve my mission..he's the key to my success..What will I do now..what if he doesn't want the coffee even..What do I do?..

Jenila:Hey London..why are you just standing here and thinking?..You're supposed to be working on your designs..the function is in four days..

London:Jenila don't lecture me..can't you just mind your own business for once..you always have something to say!..Hell! You're so annoying!..

Then I remembered what Stefanie told me about her showing up in me unexpectedly and I realized I had gone to far..

London:Jenila I'm so sorry..I didn't mean to say all this..I was just stressed..

Jenila:I understand..you haven't been well for some days..this is nothing let's just forget this just happened ok..

London:Sure..

(Both share a hug)

(Later..

I was coming out of my office with 20 set pieces of jewelry and I was really distracted making sure they were sorted and then I broke my heel and fell to the ground then someone held my arm and brought me back up to my feet..

Mace:Sorry..are you ok?..

When he realized that it was me he stared at me in a puzzled way not knowing what to say..All I could do was stare at him..He still helped me eventhough he wanted to distance himself from me..Why is he so strange?..

Mace:(Internal dialogue)..Thank God she didn't get hurt..but I can't talk to her right now..I can't mess things up..
(Attempts to leave)..

London:(Holds his arm)..Wait Mace..

Mace:(Looks back)..

London:You can't just leave without me thanking you..

Mace:(Remains silent)..

London:So..yeah thank you once again for helping me..

He just gave me a faint smile and looked down at my foot..He quickly noticed that I had broken my heel then he called someone on his phone to get a new pair of heels for me..

London:Thank you so much I'll never forget this favour..

Mace:(Smiles and walks away)..

London:(Sighs)..

(Phone rings...

London:Hello..

Britney:Hello ex friend..

London:Who am I talking to?..

Britney:How petty of you not to even remember my voice let alone remember me..

London:Britney?..

Britney:Who else would it be London?..

London:Brit..I'm kind of busy..I'll call you later..

Britney:Excuses as always...Geez London make up a new story will ya..(Ends call)..

London:Why is she acting up?..I'm the one in a crisis here not her..anyways I don't care if she's not my friend..at least I have Jenila,Garry and some of the staff..I don't need little miss need freak in my practical life..By the way I gotta get some amber stones..If not the two in one set piece won't be complete.A lady gave me a pair of black heels and I quickly wore them and thanked her before she left..